Controversy! Love it or hate it... Pitch Control!

Absolutely delightfull, took my two turns to get used to the no click fader and genius the way key lock on works and genius how the shown key changes in ear and on display when keylock is off.

Only thing I was disappointed about in this: I would like to lock the changed key. And then be able to change pitch without key change(locked in that changed key). Also because when u (accidently) switch keylock on or of when the fader is not on zero, the audible key changes instantly.

And also because of the awesomeness to be able to keychange songs on the fly for smooth (re)mixing. After seeing sort of key play on the mcx8000 I thought it would be on the sc5000’s, I actually thought you could be able to use the pitchfader as a keyfader or a key juggle mode on the pads like I saw on the mcx8000.

But again. The soundquality and integrity of keylock and -change while pitch shifting is one of the most amazing features imo.

1 Like

why so many items on the pitch control, the SC5000 has SYNC so we don’t have to use the pitch control in the first place … :wink:

Because some of us also play non edm fluctuating bpm music? And because. There is actual fun in not using sync or quantize. Make it sound less generic. But yes, when playing edm, why bother, its all 127bpm anyway, why use sync? :wink:

3 Likes

It’s good to see that both of the above posts have smileys in them.

As does this one :sunglasses:

1 Like

I paid to have the click taken off my Technics, pain in the arse when you are mixing around 0, so made up the Denons don’t have them.