Connecting the linkcables

Does it mater in witch order i connect the linkcables from my 2 sc6000 into the x1850?Does player one has to be connected to no1 linkinput on the mixer and nr two to nr 2? One off the player take very long time to reconice the other player with the sata installed.

1 Like

i have the same problem … now i’m happy that i’m not the only one :slight_smile:

• tracklist update
  • trackloading takes often a very long time …

have you already been able to solve the problem?

Yes. Hade to wait and then it suddenly workt.

Further question about link. I have a single SC5000, so I use the layers (A & B) on channel 1 and 4, and I like the LINK feature to colour match my Layers, to the cue buttons on my x1850.

For my audio output from my sc5000 to the 1850 I am using the digital output RCA to the digital input on my x1850. I have connected an ethernet cable using LINK but each time when I power on, I have to re-configure the Layer B cue button to match to channel 4. Does this not get saved in the SC5000? Also, I was surprised the Audio is not being transported via ethernet, it only seems to support the metadata of the track and player layer settings etc.

Is there a way to ‘remember’ my layer to channel cue selections for layer A (on chnl 1) and layer B (on chnl 4) be kept when I power off and on both the1850 and sc5000?

Reason for 1 and 4, is because channels 2 & 3 are for my SL-1200’s (yes, i am old school :slight_smile: )

Why were you surprised? Did you in the past use any other DJ equipment that used ethernet as a primary audio connection between units?

The LAN port is assigning the layer A color, and it assumes (as in the manual) the following logic:

Player in Port 1 - Layer A on Channel 1, layer B on channel 2 Player on Port 2 - Layer A on Channel 2, layer B on channel 1 Player on port 3 - Layer A on Channel 3, layer B on channel 4 Player in port 4 - Layer A on Channel 4, layer B on channel 3

The logic is set as You would use minimum 2 decks.

If You want to have Your CUE buttons colored in a specific way, always, turn off the color auto assignment and assign colors manually. Then it should be stored in the mixers memory.

Surprised because Ethernet is obviously capable of transporting the audio as data. And “No” to your second question.