[CONFIRMED] Unexpected Track Position Move When Played from Search/Filter Window

• Software or Firmware Version: (1.2, 1.3.1, etc…) 1.3.1

• Steps to Reproduce: (Turn on unit, press button X, etc…)

1. i selected a bpm of 100bpm
  2. then in the right library window sorted by key
  3. scroll down to choose a track
  4. load track into deck
  5. screen changes to waveform view as expected
  6. play track
  7. return using back button to the library view
  8. playing song is no longer in focus in the library view
  • Expected Result: (ex: It does X…)

song played should be maintained in the view/focus it can be green to indicate it has been played or playing

• Actual Result: (ex: It does Y…)

Track is no longer in focus

• Reproducibility: (ex: Happens 1 out of 10 times.)

Noticed it this morning. First time i using secondary sorting with another parameter. default is bpm sorting on my players

• Other Relevant Configuration Info: (ex: Plugged into a Windows 10 laptop.)

SC5000M Connected via Link; SSD shared over Engine Link; Same behavior on Host SC5000M and linked player

• Operating System & Version (if applicable):

• Link to Video Repro:

Hi @mufasa,

Thank you for the report. So far I have been unsuccessful in reproducing in my environment. Is it possible to retrace your steps and provide more detail or a video of what you’re experiencing?

Okay.

I will shoot you a video over the weekend.

Video

You can see the playing track move down to another spot in the sorting list after playing for a while.

Thanks for the video but it doesn’t seem to be working at the moment.

Try this link instead. I uploaded the first one on drop box. Dunno why it came out like that

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjUaKGebG_mu2kaZ9lbfQy6mlSG4

That one worked, thank you.

It seems that when tracks are played they are moved below other tracks with the same meta tag info (key, date added, genre, etc) based on the selected sort option. I was able to confirm this in my environment.

Simplified Repro:

1. Tap the Search Icon but do not apply a filter.
  2. Sort by Key.
  3. Find a track that has 3 or more tracks in the same key, load and play the first track within that key.

Notice: After the track is marked green or ‘played’ (30sec), the track is moved below the other tracks in the same key. The same is true when sorting by other options.

Note: This behavior only happens in the filter list and not in the standard crate or playlist view.

Confirmed topics will be closed but left in the in the Bug Report area until resolved. Denon DJ staff will not provide comment in regards to expected release dates for firmware or software fixes.

1 Like