[CONFIRMED] Screen freeze when searching USB after 1st letter

After typing the first letter the screen freezes. Input is remembered and comes trough when the screen gets out of the frozen screen.

• Beta Version: Prime 1.4 beta 1

• Steps to Reproduce: Power on Prime with USB Perform search on USB Delay in screen

• Expected Result: Screen needs to keep up with typing

• Actual Result: Screen lag

• Reproducibility: Everytime since USB device is loaded for second time in 1.4 beta 1

• Link to Video Repro:

3 Likes

Hi @addie,

Thank you for the report. I have confirmed the behavior in my environment and passed on to Development.

Tracking internally on #10776

1 Like

I use an internal SSD and while it is faster than an usb drive, I also confirm it could be faster.

I have an internal SSD and it is happening with this as well. I did the update and it is doing exactly what is happening in the video above

I have the same problem.

I have also the same problem

Is confirmed - Denon knows - and yes - in HDD mode the same problem.

Hi, habe das gleiche Problem…habe den Mut gehabt es auf einer Party mit der Beta Version 1.4 ausprobiert…hat 10 Stunden ohne weitere Aussetzer, außer die oben genannte, durchgehalten sowie in Tidal Musik gesucht und ohne Probleme angespielt…

1 Like

Is it hanging as a true screen freeze glitch or is it just searching immediately upon typing? Preferably it shouldn’t be occupying the unit with a processing task until you explicitly tell it to by hitting enter.

It feels that the unit searches as you enter the first letter. And to the amount of data the first letter outputs, it hangs a while. But you can also blindwrite, it captures all input you do while it hangs.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s bad. That’s like Facebook and Google do that junk. You don’t want auto search or auto fill or anything auto like that. It should wait until you hit enter. Should be an easy fix if that’s what’s going on. I don’t use search that much because it’s painfully slow, but this could explain some of that. If I need to find a track, I can use my phone to find out where it’s at on my drives faster and just go there manually.

Yea, shouldnt be a hard thing to fix :wink:

Is everyone still experiencing this problem regardless of power cycling and trying different external drives other than SATA?

@Ross_G I have this problem always present with an external (WD Elements Desktop) USB3 drive or SanDisk USB stick. Power cycle doesn’t help. USB stick freeze is shorter in time than the hard drive, but also that collection is smaller.

Here’s a result on SanDisk USB stick 64GB (external keyboard used). This also lags, but not as much as on the other movies.

Still the same. I think it would be wise to list live results after 2 or 3 characters OR to let the keyboard receive immediate input regardless of listing results.

Same problem here - after first letter in search field P4 freeze (internal SSD) for 5-10 seconds.

No one needs to be so lazy that they can’t hit return when they decide they’re done typing. Simple as that. We don’t need software guessing for us.

In my case it’s mere 1 or 2 counts and it responds again.