[CONFIRMED] Engine Upgrade Database to 2.0 - Issues

So i was excited to hear about EngineOS 2.0, however i’m encountering some issues, not sure if anyone else has before or not. I was using Engine 1.3.2 on my PC here to manage my drives, and today I upgraded to 2.0. When i insert my drive into my computer, engine tells me that my database is corrupt, then a second screen saying I have an incompatible database. I pulled out my laptop which still has 1.3.2, and the drive shows up fine, and I am able to manage my library. Is there some sort of conversion utility I can use to not have to rebuild this drive? Anyone else experience this? I’ll attach the log file entry below:

[C] Error in StatementSqlite::executeForNextResult: StatementSqlite (0,000,01E,A15,04F,970), Status: Error

• Main db [2021-10-05T16:17:18.909Z] [air.planck.librarian ] [C] filename: m.db
  • Query string: DROP TABLE Track
  • Error: SQLITE_CORRUPT ( database disk image is malformed) [2021-10-05T16:17:18.909Z] [air.planck.librarian ] [C] Failed to migrate database m.db [2021-10-05T16:17:18.942Z] [air.planck.librarian ] [C] Found corrupted database: m.db that was removed [2021-10-05T16:17:18.946Z] [air.planck.librarian ] [C] Device’s database is corrupted “” [2021-10-05T16:17:18.947Z] [air.planck.database ] [W] MigrateDatabaseJob failed: [2021-10-05T16:17:18.949Z] [air.planck.database ] [W] Device’s database is incompatible “”
1 Like

In my opinion you should have upgraded to Engine Prime 1.6 first. Then try switching to Engine DJ (Prime) 2.0

1 Like

I can still do that! I may give that a try

1 Like

Hi @codemov - Sorry to hear of the trouble.

Can you try removing the Engine Library/Database2 folder from your drive, and then try the migration again on desktop?

Yes! I will do that right now. I’ll do another quick backup first.

Cool, keep us posted. We’ll work through this with you to get you sorted.

1 Like

In between, I uninstalled 2.0 and rolled back to 1.6.1, and the drive shows fine there, i’m able to navigate and add/remove tracks. I have re-installed 2.0, ensured that the database2 folder was removed, and the problem seems to persist. The log entry shows the same from before it seems, I’ll attach it below just in case. When the drive loads into 2.0, it gives me two popups, the first saying that the drive is corrupt, the second saying the db is incompatible.

[C] Error in StatementSqlite::executeForNextResult: StatementSqlite (0,000,023,55C,DA9,0B0), Status: Error

• Main db [2021-10-05T16:33:45.580Z] [air.planck.librarian ] [C] filename: m.db
  • Query string: DROP TABLE Track
  • Error: SQLITE_CORRUPT ( database disk image is malformed) [2021-10-05T16:33:45.580Z] [air.planck.librarian ] [C] Failed to migrate database m.db [2021-10-05T16:33:45.613Z] [air.planck.librarian ] [C] Found corrupted database: m.db that was removed [2021-10-05T16:33:45.617Z] [air.planck.librarian ] [C] Device’s database is corrupted “” [2021-10-05T16:33:45.624Z] [air.planck.database ] [W] MigrateDatabaseJob failed: [2021-10-05T16:33:45.625Z] [air.planck.database ] [W] Device’s database is incompatible “” [2021-10-05T16:33:45.626Z] [air.planck.database ] [C] [ 0x2357c3b6548 ] Job failed ( Status: 5 ) Job DisplayName: “Resetting Streaming database” [2021-10-05T16:33:45.640Z] [air.planck.jobcontroller] [C] [ 0x235721ef2b8 ] Job failed ( Status: 5 ) Job DisplayName: “Upgrading database of CODE Music”

@codemov Where’d you find the log? I have a different but somewhat related issue. When I upgraded from the latest 1.6.1.whatever to 2.0, it kept my playlists and my collection and metadata, but all my crates are empty, except for maybe a track or two. I’d like to take a look and see if I can’t diagnose what the errors are.

Edit: Thanks for the log info. I attached a zip with 2 files. The first, named “first start.txt” is from the initial start of 2.0 from a 1.6.1.whatever installation. As a test, I shut it down then nuked the entire db, then copied back my 1.6.1 db folder and got a different log with like half the content. Not sure if the logs help. I’m manually fixing this by just rebuilding by hand the crates: I had exported all of them to .csv before the migration just in case.

Edit 2: Note that I don’t use any other external music source. I just purely use EP, so the Serato/iTunes/etc databases should be empty or whatever their default state is.

logs.zip (14.4 KB)

1 Like

So they are located in your appdata folder. On my machine, they are at C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\AIR Music Technology\EnginePrime

Now where it says “Matt” You will have to substitute your windows username there.

1 Like

Not sure if the screenshots help more than the logs, but i’ll throw in a zip with my logs, DB, and screenshots. Database and Logs

1 Like

Thanks @codemov and apologies again for the troubles. I’ve raised this with our development team, who will investigate further. I’ll circle back when I have more info for you.

2 Likes

Off topic - - JWiLL do you know if it is possible to download/print a cue-sheet of songs you’ve recorded in a mix? Rekordbox generates one each time you record a set. This helps me when I make a mix for others as it shows what songs they will get/ensure no duplicates in my next mix. Just asking…

I had an issue with incompatible drive too but sounds like it was something different

I’m on Mac and all my music is stored on an external SSD which was formatted in Mac OS (Extended) Journaled, it’s always worked fine until the 2.0 update but looks like it’s no longer a valid format

Had to move everything over from SSD to desktop, format the SSD to EX-FAT then move everything back, thankfully it picked up the location of all my tunes etc fine again after that

Yeah, this drive was already exFat formatted, so not sure why the issue when changing to 2.0. Again it still works fine in 1.6.1. Players are fine, my computer is fine, I can add/remove as needed, etc. But as soon as i connect the drive with 2.0, i get the errors and it wont load anything from the drive. Very odd.

Thanks @JWiLL ! I appreciate the quick responses! It’s not the “end” of the world if i have to rebuild the drive in 2.0, but I figured I would post on the forums about the issue just in case anyone else happens to run into this issue. My guess is the database is somehow malformed from previous. I’ve had this drive since the SC5000’s initially came out, and all subsequent updates have been smooth. I will try with another drive I use, but i’m hesitant to upgrade the players until I can manage my library successfully!

Hey @codemov thanks for sending your database & logs through. Im going to get this looked over today by one of our developers. I’ve had a quick look myself and noticed there is be some data missing from what you’ve sent through. Not to be a pain - but could you please send us the full ‘engine library’ folder containing all .db files& the database 2. folder via wetransfer? If this is for an external drive, exclude the ‘music’ folder from within as we don’t need this to review your database.

For sure! I will get that attached and sent momentarily

Use denondj.wetransfer.com and link this topic in the WeTransfer message body for reference.

Crap, I just uploaded it and didnt see that message before i hit transfer!

No worries, KD will find it, I think.