[CONFIRMED] Engine DJ 2.0- Playlists

Any idea when this function will be added back in? I’ve updated the software on my PC but realised that I can’t have dupes any more. I don’t want to update my players or my USB stick so I’m now stuck with no new tunes until I can update my stick again and I don’t want to do that until duplicates are put back in.

In my case I use a separator file to section playlists for several reasons. For example in a couple of playlists I just keep little sections of blends that I’ve pulled out of my history list after a set if there was a particularly good mix; I chuck them all in one playlist separated by the separator file so I have a lot of separators. Renaming them and having lots of separators would be a nightmare.

2 Likes

@Sick_nimpson - How do you create “Separator file”? Thx!!

Good day to you all,

in this matter I have a question, and I can’t believe that in ENGINE DJ it seems to be impossible, to remove a single track (or even more) from a playlist.

Working in a playlist (e.g. ready_to_delete) I can remove only from “COLLECTION”.

If I remove from collection, the result is that the track will be deleted forever, but in the folder Collection I want to keep the track.

Is here anybody, who can please be so kind as to show me the way, how to remove a track only from “playlist” and not totally from "COLLECTION"

Many thanks in advance and brgds

BeatMaster

looks ok here

1 Like

Moin, moin Mufasa,

thanks I will try it with immediate effect and keep you posted

Brgds

Beatmaster

Thank’s it works perfectly. You know the right point to touch :innocent:

Good night

BeatMaster

2 Likes

I just created a 5 second audio file with no sound called “separator.mp3”. I then gave it the track title of “-----------------------------------------” in its ID3 tag and that’s it. Just drag it multiple times into each playlist that it’s used so it’s multiplied, then I drag them where they’re needed. In the case of my mix scrapbook playlists I just have a load of them ready to go at the bottom of the playlist, then when I come across a great mix worth remembering I just drag those few tracks from history to in between a pair of un-used separators in the scrap book playlist.