[CONFIRMED] Collection and playlists are empty after updating to Engine Prime 1.5.1

I have just send you the database of engine prime on the internal drive where mine collection is stored. I also send you the database from the folder c:/user/username/music/engine library. In this music folder is also a engine prime back up folder. This is strange because in 1.5.1 there was no restore possible. 1.5.1 told there was no backup. The button was grey out. I’m already rebuilding mine collection in 1.5.1 and made a backup. So maybe this is why there is a folder with a backup. Thanks KDonaldson.

1 Like

Thanks for that, i’ve attached these both to the bug report for this problem. I’ve also taken a quick look and they both show as v 1.18 which is the correct db numbering for Engine Prime 1.5.1, are you still seeing blank tracks in the library pane or has the issue been resolved?

If you’re still seeing this problem, i’m keen to move this convo over to a PM here on the forum as i’ll need a bit more detailed info on how your computer is configured so we can narrow down whats causing this.

Hello KDonaldson, thanks for your response. I have accepted that the collection is probably not restorable anymore , so i’m already rebuilding my collection. I use my pc on a guest account for security. When i update, i switch to administrator as i did with all the older updates. Never had this problem before with the older updates.

This is what i did. As administrator i installed 1.5.1. on the administrator account. Than i noticed there was only 1 track left in the collection. I used the backup i made in 1.5.0. but after the restore process there was still 1 track in the collection. Than i want to rollback 1.5.0 but it was not possible to install 1.5.0 back with 1.5.1 already installed. So i removed 1.5.1 and installed 1.5.0 and want to restore the backup. That was not possible anymore because Engine Prime 1.5.0 could not find the backup and the button was grey out. So i removed 1.5.0 first and than installed 1.5.1 again and now i’m rebuilding the collection. It’s a lot of work but i don’t work with loops or cue points so the damage is not that big.

P.s. I made the backup in 1.5.0 with the guest account.

Dear KDonaldson, I have sent you the database yesterday.

1 Like

Just updated the OS and ran into the same problem. Plugged my drive to SC5000, got ”updating database on drive” and all playlists and crates were gone. Tried to restore a backup and fire up Engine Prime 1.5.1 on the Macbook (Catalina) but nope. Same behaviour as what the OP described, playlists appear but are empty when browsing on Engine Prime. Any ideas how to fix this? I’ve got my collection and database stored on a removable drive, the drive also has a Rekordbox db.

Some more details: my drive is FAT32 as I use the same drive with Pioneer gear. Could it be the 4gb limitation, ie the OS or EP needing more than 4GB for the update? My collection on the drive is roughly 230Gb, around 2800 tracks.

1 Like

I submitted my db’s a few days ago and at least one of them was downloaded. Any news on this @KDonaldson ?

1 Like

And still waiting. Not a single word from Denon.

1 Like

Hello at all,

I have the same problem on my Prime4. After updating from 1.4.1 up to 1.5.2 all my Crates and Playlists are gone. After downgrading back to 1.4.1 they are all back. I also have the issue on my Macbook after updating the Engine Software up to 1.5.1 => all creates are empty but visible.

1 Like

@KDonaldson care to chime in? Even a “we’re working on it” would be nice. I ended rebuilding my library on another machine & removable hd from scratch but still hopeful to get the older library back

Sorry for the delayed reply @VX600 Im not out in the general area of the forum often. The development team investigated this issue shortly after the official release of the desktop Engine Prime 1.5.1 software and all instances were caused by a failed DB migration.

The reasoning behind the failures are mostly environment specific ie incorrect drive preferences / formatting &/or user account settings. We’re working on improvements to database integrity & stability as well as making the backup more robust to prevent this for a future update to the software, but unfortunately theres not a whole lot that can be done to recover any databases that are in this state at this point in time.

Hi KDonaldson,

I tried all your fixes, I have sent you the DB, I had no reply so far. I tried to put the playlists that are saved in my USB sticks back to the Engine Prime but it doesn’t work. If I rename the folder in order to create a new DB, same problem, impossible to import the content of the sticks into the DB. The software is unusable :confused: Everything is messed up, when I relaunch, the playlists contain tracks but the wrong ones and a lot of empty lines. I am seriously thinking about selling my Prime4.

Please send me a solution. Best, S.

What format are your USB sticks that you use with Engine Prime?

I would recommend using exfat formatting when using Engine Prime, fat32 has file size limitations of 4gb and other formats (HFS+ / NTFS) are not compatible with the embedded systems.

When you connect your drives to Engine Prime, do they show a warning icon next to the drive name that its incorrectly formatted / has the wrong read/ write permissions?

Hi, My sticks are properly formatted, they used to work before engine prime dB crashed. Now I have lost all my collection and playlists, I still have them on my sticks but I cannot import them back in my computer. I can’t use Engine prime since this update. It is totally buggy, I have sent you the DB already, but it seems there is no solution. It is a nightmare, Prime 4 is a nice piece of engineering but your software ruins everything. I need a solution, please.

Best, S

Im having a hard time trying to figure out why this is happening, If the drives are formatted correctly, and all corrupt dbs are removed I can’t think as to why you’re still having trouble importing music / playlists. this should just work.

Can you post a screenshot or some pictures of how your library is displaying with all drives you use connected so i can get a better understanding of the problem you’re facing? I don’t work with the Denon support team, I work with the development team who makes the Engine Prime software, it may also be worth reaching out to support on this matter if you’re continuing to have issues- https://www.denondj.com/support

Hi,

I will do some screenshots. Contacting support is impossible, as I explained in the introduction of the topic. I always get error messages that say that my product registration is missing, but I am registered. It is so frustrating. I am really disappointed. Best, S

Auch ich habe nach der Umstellung auf 1.5 plötzlich viele Songs verloren in meinen Wiedergabelisten. Das ist echt extrem ärgerlich und arbeitsaufwendig!

1 Like

@Samy I see you’re from Belgium. Do you speak Dutch? If so maybe we can plan and setup a Teamviewer / Chrome Remote Desktop meeting to help you out with myself or @Reese ? Just an idea…

Hi,

I am living in Belgium, but my Dutch is average :confused:

S

Same problem here. So upset with this poor quality update

1 Like

Do you use the software “mixed in key” for you key notation ?