[CONFIRMED] Collection and playlists are empty after updating to Engine Prime 1.5.1

Hi KDonaldson,

I tried all your fixes, I have sent you the DB, I had no reply so far. I tried to put the playlists that are saved in my USB sticks back to the Engine Prime but it doesn’t work. If I rename the folder in order to create a new DB, same problem, impossible to import the content of the sticks into the DB. The software is unusable :confused: Everything is messed up, when I relaunch, the playlists contain tracks but the wrong ones and a lot of empty lines. I am seriously thinking about selling my Prime4.

Please send me a solution. Best, S.

What format are your USB sticks that you use with Engine Prime?

I would recommend using exfat formatting when using Engine Prime, fat32 has file size limitations of 4gb and other formats (HFS+ / NTFS) are not compatible with the embedded systems.

When you connect your drives to Engine Prime, do they show a warning icon next to the drive name that its incorrectly formatted / has the wrong read/ write permissions?

Hi, My sticks are properly formatted, they used to work before engine prime dB crashed. Now I have lost all my collection and playlists, I still have them on my sticks but I cannot import them back in my computer. I can’t use Engine prime since this update. It is totally buggy, I have sent you the DB already, but it seems there is no solution. It is a nightmare, Prime 4 is a nice piece of engineering but your software ruins everything. I need a solution, please.

Best, S

Im having a hard time trying to figure out why this is happening, If the drives are formatted correctly, and all corrupt dbs are removed I can’t think as to why you’re still having trouble importing music / playlists. this should just work.

Can you post a screenshot or some pictures of how your library is displaying with all drives you use connected so i can get a better understanding of the problem you’re facing? I don’t work with the Denon support team, I work with the development team who makes the Engine Prime software, it may also be worth reaching out to support on this matter if you’re continuing to have issues- https://www.denondj.com/support

Hi,

I will do some screenshots. Contacting support is impossible, as I explained in the introduction of the topic. I always get error messages that say that my product registration is missing, but I am registered. It is so frustrating. I am really disappointed. Best, S

Auch ich habe nach der Umstellung auf 1.5 plötzlich viele Songs verloren in meinen Wiedergabelisten. Das ist echt extrem ärgerlich und arbeitsaufwendig!

1 Like

@Samy I see you’re from Belgium. Do you speak Dutch? If so maybe we can plan and setup a Teamviewer / Chrome Remote Desktop meeting to help you out with myself or @Reese ? Just an idea…

Hi,

I am living in Belgium, but my Dutch is average :confused:

S

Same problem here. So upset with this poor quality update

1 Like

Do you use the software “mixed in key” for you key notation ?

Hi Frex,

No I don’t. It is a general issue,I think they released this version a bit too soon :frowning: I cannot get back my playlists anymore, the software is unusable now, can’t even create new ones…

S

I would like to suggest to try the 1.6 beta at this point.

Hi, There is no beta 1.6. available. My issue is still not fixed, I am still waiting for a reply from the support. I am waiting to use my Prime4 again since August… That’s too long.

S.

https://community.enginedj.com/t/engine-prime-v1-6-public-beta-download-release-notes/25467

https://community.enginedj.com/t/engine-os-v1-6-public-beta-download-release-notes/25468

Man this f**ing scks.

I updated Engine Prime last night to 1.5.1 and experienced the same thing. Co Platelet empty collection and no way of getting my old library back.

Seriously lost countless hours of organizing and setting up my crates only to have upgraded last night and now everything is gone.

It is beyond ridiculous that this happened. As much as I love Denon and their products this is unacceptable.

Beyond livid right now…

2 Likes

Revert to your last backup and try updating again.

Hi, My topic is open since August and no one could give me a solution, I lost hours of sorting ad analysis… Al the playlists that I have exported on USB cannot be import back in the system neither… That’s a real problem. Can someone help me?

Best, S

@Reese what’s your take on this?! I also ran into this yesterday. Prime 1.6 beta does not fix this! 18 weeks and no fix for this highly critical bug, that’s absolutely unacceptable.

Hello and welcome to the forum

It would be much more helpful if you gave details of your setup and what exactly happened, rather than just “I ran into this”.

The more detail the better. Computer type (PC or Mac). Operating system. Version of Engine Prime. Location of source data. Location of destination data.

As KDonadson said earlier in the thread, “mostly environment specific ie incorrect drive preferences / formatting &/or user account settings” so without knowing your setup it’s hard to diagnose.

I’ve never had any issues with losing data from Engine Prime.

1 Like

Same setup as @Samy, the orignal poster. Grey tracks with no metadata on macOS 10.5.6, Engine Prime 1.5.1 and 1.6 beta No tracks and no playlists on Denon Prime 4 firmware 1.5.1. Tested with USB stick (Fat32) and SD-Card (ExFat).