[CONFIRMED] Changing cued channel on PRIME 4 causes preview track to stop playing/lose channel selection

• Engine OS Device: PRIME 4

• Beta Version: 1.6 Public Beta

• Steps to Reproduce:

1. Set “Cue Solo Mode” preference to “On”.
  2. Enable cue on a non-playing channel.
  3. Start previewing a track.
  4. Track should show signal in the cued channel and audio should play in “Cue” mix as expected.
  5. Enable cue on a second non-playing channel.
  6. Enable cue on the first non-playing channel, the preview track stops playing unexpectedly (expected it to continue playing).
  7. Start previewing the track again.
  8. Track unexpectedly shows signal in the second cue channel (expected it to show signal in the first cue channel).
  9. Enable cue on the second cue channel, the preview track stops playing unexpectedly (expected it to continue playing).
  • Expected Result:

• EITHER Track should continue sending preview signal to the selected cue channel regardless of the currently active cue channel …

• … OR Preview signal should at all times correspond to the last selected non-playing channel with an active cue.

• Actual Result:

• BOTH Selecting another cue channel in the manner described causes the preview track to stop playing …

• … AND Preview signal does not always correspond to the last selected non-playing channel with an active cue.

• Reproducibility: 100%

• Additional Notes: “Cue Solo Mode” is not necessary to reproduce this bug, it simply clarifies what is happening. Same results occur with this setting turned off.

• Link to Video Repro: https://youtu.be/YyVjDE8ZbXQ

is the same for me … is not yet fully developed … beta …

It would make sense that if you press a channels CUE button, that you want to hear that channel, otherwise you wouldn’t have pressed that

There is a bug in the logic of switching between the audio outputs to be used. The condition that associates the CUE of that channel to the preview function is probably not reset.

However, you were right to report it, so we hope they take action. :+1:

I’m sure they will as I’ve noticed that when you press a cue it sometimes doesn’t work and you have to press another cue.

Thank you for taking the time to provide this bug report.

We will investigate and let you know if we need any further details.

1 Like