Channel 3 and 4 audio always leaks to channel 2 -- faders 3 and 4 non-functional

Hello. Recently an issue has emerged with our X1800 mixer. Before I describe the issue I’ll describe how we have the mixer set up with the 2 SC5000s. 2 SC5000s are plugged into the mixer via digital inputs. Deck 1 is plugged into ethernet #1 and deck 2 is plugged into ethernet #2. Layer A on deck 1 goes into digital input 1 and layer B goes into digital input 3. Layer A on deck 2 goes into digital input 2 and layer B goes into digital input 4.

The issue we are experiencing is as follows – when any input is flowing through channels 3 or 4, whether it be a line input plugged directly into channel 3 or 4 of the mixer or layer B on the decks flowing into channel 3 or 4, the audio does not come out of those channels regardless of channel 3 or 4 fader position. However, if the channel 2 fader is up we can hear the audio from channels 3 or 4. Summarized, the signal going into channels 3 and 4 always leaks into channel 2. Faders 3 and 4 are essentially useless as they do not control the audio levels for those channels. The only way to hear audio from channels 3 or 4 is by making sure the channel 2 fader is turned on.

I have tried many things in attempt to remedy this issue. I have upgraded and downgraded firmware and even unplugged the SC5000 decks from the mixer and tried plugging an external audio source into line channels 3 and 4. Regardless of the setup or whether the SC5000s are connected, audio flowing into channels 3 or 4 will only ever be heard if the channel 2 fader is up. This essentially makes channels 3 and 4 useless as they cannot be controlled separately.

Please let me know if there are any other steps I should try to remedy this. I am worried this is a hardware issue and will require replacement or service.

Thanks! Jack

Check that your FX Cue isn’t on, that causes bleeding.

Unfortunately FX Cue is not on when this occurs.

we had this issues with one X1800 too. Send the unit in for warranty repair.