Catalina Support

Does anybody know when will there be support for Catalina for the MCX8000? Serato DJ Pro supports the new OS how come Denon does not??

2 Likes

Wondering about the same thing. I recently purchased MC7000 and I’m unable to update the firmware for it.

One of the Denon music staff commented in another thread saying that support for Catalina should come with the next Engine Prime update.

I’d greatly appreciate if the staff can provide some sort of a timeline on when we should expect the update.

Same issue, I waited for Serato compatibility expecting that also MCX8000 could be too but now I have a lot of problems with my gigs and I have to restore and reinstall Mojave…

I created another volume on my MacBook with MOJAVE and everything is working perfectly do not use CATALINA it is not compatible and creates all kind of bugs.

Cheers!

when denon solve this problem? we are waiting compatibility for os catalina !

Hello,

Unfortunately, we are at the mercy of Apple addressing the issue in their software. Here is a bit more detail.

We discovered waveform drop outs during our initial testing a few months ago. We reported this to Apple immediately but unfortunately, the behavior has not yet been addressed (we’re chasing).

At the moment this is the only issue holding back official sign off so, the device is still usable on Catalina with this caveat. There are no concerns with device enumeration, control functionality or audio stream.

We’ll be sure to inform everyone once we officially sign off on the compatibility.

2 Likes

Does it mean that the MCX8000 is usable on Catalina 10.15? Just the waveform is not working?

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi All,

We have just released a mac driver for the MCX8000 that adds official Catalina support.

Please note that the driver is signed by ‘Akai Professional’ (one of our sister brands). We decided to release this with the ‘Akai Professional’ signing as it would have taken months to receive official signing on a driver with ‘Denon DJ’ or ‘inMusic Brands’ and we wanted to get this out to our users sooner than later.

You can find the Mac Driver here: https://www.denondj.com/downloads#mcx8000

1 Like