Can't Down Windows Driver

Not able to download the Windows Driver. Error message says “make sure you have permissions” I am the admin…

You mean that is the error you get when you are trying to install the app? Right click the the exe and say run as administrator. You might also want to check your UAC (user account control) settings as if the app doesn’t have a certified windows certificate, you might not be able to install it without enabling installation from un-signed certificates.

Hope this helps.

is it when downloading that you receive the error or when you are trying to install the driver.

It is during the installation.

i have the exact same problem please help, just got the mcx8000 and i cannot install the windows driver, just gives a error, and then it doenst connet to serato… help!!!

Problem Solved using : For windows users, the drivers are not digitally signed so windows is blocking them as a protective measure! I had the same issue but not any longer. Here’s what to do.

1. Disable User Account Control (UAC) and reboot if you are using Vista; (Drag the level all the way to the bottom)

2. Go to Start/programs/accessories Right-click on cmd.exe and select Run as administrator; In the newly created command prompt box, type the following and press enter:

bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS (Note: DDISABLE is NOT a typo!)

1. Download the latest Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider (DSEO). Here is the link --> www.techspot.com (There is no need to install the app, just copy it to a safe location and run it)

Click next and please take your time to read the license agreement, then click ‘Yes’; –> Select Enable Test Mode and click next; –> Now select Sign a System File and click next; –> In the text box, type the path and name of the file (see the example included), then click on OK to sign the driver;

To find the actual path of the file … go to device manager … find the mcx8000 driver … right click on it … click properties … then click the driver tab … then driver details … use the path in the text box above … should read c:/Windows/System32/DRIVERS/… use only the one at the very top as there may be a list