Cannot update firmware, device not connected?

Hello all,

Just had my piece turn up and must say, coming from an old school background, getting this thing fully functional is becoming a pain.

Drivers are installed(seen in device manager), but the DENON updater doesn’t see the device and I cannot update firmware 1.003 (I’m unsure of the current installed firmware). Also, nothing happens when I press BACK+FWD+SHIFT buttons on the MC6000 MKII. So what gives ?

Currently testing Traktor mappings which never seem to work, waiting on my Serato voucher to test how that will turn out. I’m on Windows 10 64bit if It makes a shred of difference.

Thanks

Hey @Photik, have you had any luck with resolving this issue?

Hi Lewis,

Unfortunately not. You are the first person to get in contact, either forum or staff. No full Serato has be sent over either to further test this. Its being shipped back later this afternoon, maybe a sign to continue composing in the studio and get something else.

But, thanks for being that only person to respond.

Hi,

actually, I might have a similar problem with my new MC6000 Mk2 device. Turning the unit on while pressing Back/Fwd/Shift (which one - left or right?) doesn’t seem to activate the “version up mode” as described in the upload instructions; CUE-1 is not lit as expected. Instead, the FILTER ON/OFF button to the left is flashing (red), and the firmware updater shows the device as “not connected”.

Any ideas?

Hi, i have the same problem and found a post at Denon DJ Faceook page, from April 2015. In this post is a note, that you need Serato DJ 1.7.4 or maybe higher for this firmware update.

“[MC6000MK2 FW Update] We recently updated the MC6000MK2 FW to v1003. This update resolves an issue where the Filter LED would not turn on when the Filter is engaged.This update is suggested for all users, and can be found in the “Downloads” section of the MC6000MK2 product page. Please note that you must have the latest version of Serato DJ (1.7.4) installed. Cheers!”

https://www.facebook.com/DenonDJOfficial/posts/mc6000mk2-fw-update-we-recently-updated-the-mc6000mk2-fw-to-v1003-this-update-re/938319669521563/

I will testing this procedere and posting my update!

No, not having the “correct” version of SDJ will not prevent firmware updater from seeing the connected MC6000mk2.

It will “only” prevent SDJ from properly functioning with the controller that has the new firmware installed.

I have written to the Denon Support Germany and described the scenario of the flashing filter section, when pressing the key combination for the update mode.

"This is not an error, because the device has the latest firmware already installed on the current motherboards. Update Mode is no longer available to customers because the FW is final for the controller (has not been changed for 3 years). However, if a new FW appears for this controller, it will then also give new instructions on how they can be played.

Best regards

Sascha Michael Sandrock

Technical Support"

I know this is an old thread, but it’s worth commenting.

July 2021 and I am having the same issue

"Back/Fwd/Shift doesn’t seem to activate the “version up mode” as described in the upload instructions; CUE-1 is not lit as expected. Instead, the FILTER ON/OFF button to the left is flashing (red), and the firmware updater shows the device as “not connected”.

I am guessing there has been no further firmware update, but it would be useful to “See” what version is installed.

Thank you for keeping this thread alive. I’ve been having audio driver issues with my 6000MKII and I’m trying to view/update the firmware. Having the same issues as described above - only the Filter ON button flashes, no “connection” to my Mac to see the current firmware version.

I only get intermittent audio issues with my TWO 6000MKII controllers, not my other Denon or Pioneer controllers - all on the same Macbook Pro laptop. Something odd is going on with my 6000MKII’s and can’t figure it out.

I’m here out of desperation!

I’ve been trying to get my MC6000mk2 to work with Serato and Traktor, on an old Dell Inspiron laptop (i3, 8gb ram) running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit - with zero success!

InMusic\Denon support have been less than useless, so here I am.

To avoid a lengthy post, I’ve attached a pdf which explains some of the issues.

I’m someone here can help.

Thanks in advance.

MC6000mk2 Issues.pdf (161.6 KB)