Cannot Install X1850 Prime 1.0.1 Windows Drivers

I had the software installed and running beautifully. But after I decided not to use Audacity and uninstalling it, I could no longer run the Prime Drivers. When trying to reinstall I now get an error:

Service ‘X1850 Prime Audio Device Monitor’ (X1850PrimeAudioDevMon) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

Everything was running so smooth. I just don’t get it. I’ve reinstalled Visual C++ 2015-2019, updated Windoes, I’ve checked that I have admin privileges (I do), I’ve tried to run the installer as admin, I’ve re-downloaded a fresh installer. I just can’t figure out why. The installer runs up to the point where it says “Starting Services”.

I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you.

update: Ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and sfc /scannow. Results returned “Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.”

Have you tried manual windows update before ? maybe some special services are not actual. Do a manual update of your system. Then restart. After restart, stop your virus-scanner, and reinstall driver with admin privileges.

That should do the job.

You can also try that with real admin privileges:

Use the hidden admin account of windows. Start CMD by typing CMD in the search field.

in shell you enter:

net user administrator /active:yes

net user administrator [password]
you choose your own password for that admin account.

when you now restart windows, you can logon into that account with the password.

do the install

then restart

head over cmd again

type: net user administrator /active:no

to deactivate admin account for secure.

you can also do a sear for “ResetWUEng” … that is a tool when windows has a hickup with its update mechanism. I fix most problems in windows with that tool. There you have all repairmethods in one place.

really important are the steps from:

1 to 3 and maybe point 11 and 13.

Hey man, I appreciate the help. I tried all that with no forward movement. I ended up just doing a fresh install of windows, which is actually kinda nice to start over. In hindsight, I should have done that to begin with considering the amount of time each path took.

I do appreciate the help, though!

1 Like

Okay, thanks for the info. Sometime a fresh OS can help also xD

Maybe a bit shorter for Windows Update fix:

http://aka.ms/wudiag