Can the X1800 crossfade between the 2 decks of (1) SC5000?

Pardon my rookie question(s), but I am indeed new to Denon. I’m seriously considering the SC5000m and X1800 mixer.

1. Does the X1800 crossfader require (2) separate SC5000 units to function? Or can I send deck 1 of an SC5000 to the (A) side and send deck 2 of the same SC5000 to the (B) side?

2. What are the some specific limitations I’ll run into with using only (1) SC5000 (and the X1800 mixer) before I can afford a second SC5000? I know the short answer is I’m missing two more decks and therefor two more sources of audio, but are there standard methods of using 4 decks across (2) SC5000’s? If so what are a few quick examples?

Again pardon my ignorance and thank you for sharing :slight_smile:

• Being alert to know what layer you are

• Pitch fader takeover when switching layers.

Yes

Thanks mufasa,

When you answered “yes” to my first question. Was that:

“Yes” the x1800 crossfader requires (2) separate MC5000’s to function.

OR

“Yes” I can send deck 1 of an SC5000 to the (A) side and send deck 2 of the same SC5000 to the (B) side?

Deck A goes to channel 1 on the mixer, deck B goes to channel 2 on the mixer. Or whichever way you prefer to hook them up.

Then you simply cross-fade assign channel 1 as A, channel 2 as B on the mixer and the crossfader will fade between the 2 layers of the player. Whole thing couldn’t be easier.

2 Likes

Yes you can

Each line can be assigned to A or B

1 Like

Other than the two points mufasa stated and possibly a few other very minor points they will work exactly as if you had 2 seperate players :+1:

Although LaidbackLuke doesnt really use the crossfader you can 100% do that if you want as you can switch each channel to A, B or Thru like most high end mixers see here:

1 Like

The SC5000 has 2 Line Outs or 2 Digital Outs for the both layers - It is like having 2 separate players. You can plug each layer into a different channel of your mixer and then cross fade between both.

If you are using an X1800 the CUE LEDs will match your layer colors making it easy to see which layer is assigned to each channel.

1 Like

If only Denon would do this…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.