Can´t sync Playlist back to engine

Hey threre, i am new and have the following problem:

I transferred my music to the Prime 4 with the engine software (created crades, etc.) Then I created playlists on the Prime 4 (cue point, loops, etc.)

If I now want to synchronize this via the “sync manager”, then I cannot select the “sync to engine” item and the playlists are grayed out.

If I create a playlist with the same name in the engine and select “Export to Drive”, then it transfers to Prime 4 and override my playlist. So it does not contain any songs.

what am I doing wrong here?

1 Like

Not reading the manual? :smile:

Not searching the forum and finding all the existing posts on this very subject? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The “Sync Manager” does not provide functions that you would typically associate with its name. It doesn’t sync (fully) and it doesn’t manage very much either.

As per the manual, only meta data is synced back from the Prime drive to the main database.

Solution = drag & drop

Thank you for the information.

Yes, I looked here in the forum and only found the questions, but not a “clear” answer. Or I assumed that such a “simple” function would work by default. It’s just a playlist …

This means that the software recognizes that I have created a playlist and also displays it (shaded gray), but does not synchronize it back. To do this, I have to connect it to the PC and copy the list by hand. The CUE points created in the process are however synchronized.

It’s only natural to assume such, and is clear from other people posting about this. Denon added the Sync Manager because there was no sync at all in earlier software.

It took them nine months!

Unfortunately they did not give it the functionality associated with the name.

Maybe in nine months we will have Sync Manager that also works well on playlists :joy: :joy:

Hey guys. I also had this problem from prime 4 to prime engine. I created a playlist first on the engine software but then manually changed it whilst playing on the prime 4 but the software didn’t reflect these changes and the sync manager doesn’t seem to see it on the prime to update it back to the engine. I FOUND A WAY I think.

I connected my prime to the software. I used device panel on the options near bottom left. I see my prime 4 listed in devices, I expand to playlists (can also see the history here too) and dragged it back to the playlists of my engine software. --edit: this is where I have an SSD drive in the controller however.

Not ideal but was a relief for me that it was a workaround that isn’t too time-consuming.

Please though engine prime software, allow us to sync this back to our software from the device, if we change such playlists on the prime itself!

Ok. Now try to start Engine Prime when it is DISCONNECTED from the remote drive (Prime 4 or USB / SDXC key). Try looking at the playlist you imported from your remote drive to your collection on your computer - what do you see? Red color traces?

Yes as, again not ideal, you have to export/sync that playlist back to the prime 4 or equivalent device. Not saying it’s great but it at least allowed me to save and reuse a playlist between my prime and the engine software.

Yes I agree. But remember that if you don’t have the remote drive connected, you won’t be able to do anything with those red tracks.

That’s a fair point as I’m looking at it that I have an SSD installed in the controller. So many unnecessary hurdles!

In fact, you will be even more disadvantaged. For example, I have an SDXC that I can possibly detach from the P4 and insert it into my PC which is 15 meters from the room where the P4 is.

Yes, there are so many unnecessary hassles, that I don’t understand why they were included. Some guys say it was done to avoid the pirated copy of the songs, but all this is useless if there is an MP3 file stored on the USB stick (or in the HD inside the P4) in which you can copy / paste from that external memory to the memory of your PC. The only annoyance is that you lose all Hotcues, loops, grids etc, but it doesn’t solve the problem of the pirated copy of the song. :man_shrugging:

Yep, I got a good-sized SSD so I didn’t have to worry too much about song storage being in too many places. Currently though I have to ferry my laptop to and fro for these trivial things that should be straight forward. It’s a shame as I love the P4 but the maintenance of the music files is a real pain still.

I hope they didn’t put these hurdles to try and solve pirated tunes as it will need much more consideration for this! They’d need to be scanning the properties of the files for valid tags or something but even that wouldn’t be enough!

Some guys here on the forum who have your needs, they have installed the SSD in an external box with USB3 connection. Then they connect it to the USB3 port (the 1 Ampere one) of the P4, so they have the portability but also the large space available.

And in the meantime, we are waiting for DenonDJ to do us the favor of implementing the internal P4 HD update, via WIFI or Ethernet. :pray: :angel:

Maybe helpful…