Can Pressing 'Play' Once Start Both SC5000 Layers at the Same Time?

Hi there,

is it possible to play the 2 deck layers at the same time with only one “start (play)”?

i mean, imagine you have on the layer A “synths, bass line and drums” and on the layer B “congas, noise fx”, when you play the 2 tracks at the same time you have the full song…

on the sc5000 is it possible, when you press the play button the 2 layers start at the same time?

any help?

best,

r

No that’s not possible on the player.

Apart from that. This kind of performance is usually done with loops (like Traktor Stems) or with a separate sequencer. Not complete tracks.

It is possible with a walk around. If using Denon x1800 mixer, use link with the mixer and faderstart for layer A and manually trigger play for layer B. If withany other mixer that supports fader start - use mini jack-mini jack cable to connect fader start from that mixer to SC5000. This is triggering Layer A. So in general: Layer A on fader, Layer B on the button. Use them simultaneously and You’r good to go.

1 Like

Yeah faderstart and sync (to be sure) could be a good workaround.

Other option in the same workflow: Enable faderstart on the crossfader and put both layers on the same side of the crossfader (A or B).

hey guys thanks for the replies. in fact the idea is to use the player as a backing track player to use live with a band. 1-2 output (layer A) = synths 3 output (layer B left side) = percussion 4 output (layer B right side) = click track

i it was possible to play both tracks and add 4/8 bar loops with a single touch that will be amazing.

but yeah i’ll keep on using the mpc live :slight_smile:

thanks for the help!

1 Like

I have way back in the days suggested that, if possible, by pressing SHIFT + Play, it should activate ‘play’ on the opposite layer. So if you are on Layer A and press SHIFT + Play, it starts Layer B.

Both layers can be used with fader start only via link with denon x1800 mixer. With analog fader start it is only possible to trigger Layer A.

Yes analog faderstart is hardwired to layer A.

I think topic can be closed.

1 Like