Bug report: short audio dropout (not critical)

I’ve had this happen occasionally since the new firmware so worth reporting. It does not happen often, and it doesn’t seem to be critical, but worth looking into.

I’m getting this maybe once every second week or so (I play three to four shows a week with the Primes, so not often). After loading a track I’ll hit play, and after about 5 seconds there will be an audio drop (full cutout) for about 5 seconds. I stop the track, restart it and it won’t happen again, it is just on the first playback after loading. There isn’t a consistent track it happens with, seems to be quite random. What I did notice, is that the temporary cue point in the track will be set somewhere towards the last quarter of the track instead of at the start where I would have set it. Hot cues are all still where I set them to be, just the temporary cue that seems to have moved.

If I had to guess, it’s an anomaly with how the database is being read when the track is loading. I also strongly suspect it is only happening on the networked player, not the player with the USB (although I can’t really 100% confirm that - I just seem to recall it only happening on my right side deck - but I’ll continue to keep an eye on it).

Let me know if there is any other useful information I can provide. Thanks team!

Hi Todd - Thanks for this behaviour report. What’s the make/model of the USB device where the music is held and where is it plugged in on the left deck? Front Socket? Rear upper USB etc?

I have this happen as well and seems to be the only way to fix it is to stop the track and start it again.

Thanks for this behaviour report. What’s the make/model of the USB device where the music is held and where is it plugged in on the left deck? Front Socket? Rear upper USB etc?

HI Gee. No worries - always happy to help. Here are some details:

• Kingston Datatraveller DT50 - 128gb
  • I switch between the upper and lower rear ports so it’s hard to narrow that down, but I rarely use the front port on this deck.
  • Everything analysed on EP in advance.
  • May or may not be related, but this drive is occasionally slow to load a track too. There will sometimes be a delay of a few seconds before everything snaps into action.

I also have a Samsung SSD available - I’m going to copy everything over to it this week and see if problem replicates with that drive as well.

I also have the Kingston 128gb drive Red & Black. It was doing this as well until i looked at the format of the drive. Im using a Mac and changed the format to EXFAT and all the issues stopped. But the only thing that still happens from time to time is the sign drop out. not as much now, and the speed of everything else is fine now that i changed the format.