Bug in mcx8000 and new feature request

Bug in mcx8000 and new feature request

Hello

When many tracks are loaded in prepare list when returning to the list of cuts etc the files are not shown and a lot of zeros appear (see video) if you scroll all the files are displayed again, the other bug is that when loading a track from the ready list does not show the key (see video)

On the other hand it would be possible for the list to be stored in the memory as well as the history (I think the list is more important) I think it would be a very useful new feature, I have made other suggestions in the forum that I leave here, I would prefer lose support for stagelinq and that the fundamental thing that s put music to work 100% and if possible that it is fully compatible with engine prime (now simply exported from engine prime to engine format) sorry for my english

Thanks in advance VID_20190518_182054.3gp (7.5 MB)

2 Likes

Hi @El_Corsario and thank you for taking the time to list these for us.

I’m consulting with the team and aim to get you a response as soon as possible.

Regards J

Hey @El_Corsario,

Unfortunately, at this stage there are no further plans to introduce new features to the MCX8000, only bug fixes as and when needed.

In regards to your question on file formats, please see the following from our FAQ:

What are the supported music file types that can be played in Engine?
  • WAV : 44.1kHz, 16bit/24bit Stereo
  • AIFF : 44.1kHz, 16bit/24bit Stereo
  • MP3 : CBR/VBR 44.1kHz, Stereo 32kbps – 320 kbps
  • AAC : CBR/VBR 44.1kHz, Stereo 64kbps – 320 kbps

We do not offer support for unsupported file formats.

Regards Jay

1 Like

I really hope this doesn’t mean you do no plan to enable Stagelinq functionality for MCX8000.

@Jay_DenonDJ Will there be an update for bug fixes?

Read his post, it clearly says “as and when needed”…

Thank you for your suggestion. Read my notifications. Look at the dates.

The .m4a files are within the specifications that is why I report them, if you see in the post that I publish all the characteristics of the m4a file in question with all the details I leave it here so you can review it again MCX8000 .m4a files and engine prime, it is not a problem of incompatibility according to the specifications of the MCX8000 but of engine prime when not recognizing it as compatible in fact the controller reproduces them if they are not analyzed with engine prime according to the data of the MCX8000 https://1d2f8a47519b3dc0b576-fff53f927840131da4fecbedd819996a.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/Uploads/MCX8000-UserGuide-v1.1.pdf

File Formats AAC (CBR / VBR, 44.1 kHz, stereo 64-320 kbps), the .m4a files are encoded at 320 VBR which according to the above meets the specifications, I do not understand what is referred to is not a valid standart, in that post there was a lot of debate on the subject and the final conclusion was that it was an engine prime problem because of its way of determining if the file is compatible or not.

“As and when needed” and who decides this? a bug is a bug and should be corrected in the shortest time when it is notified I do not think we should have a new computer (we have less than a year with it) with much less errors that continue to leave the factory with known bugs, is my opinion

excuse me English

regards

Hi @crazycraig & @Canaris,

StageLinq will still be coming to the MCX8000 as originally planned.

Regards Jay

1 Like

Awesome news - Part 2 is gonna be so boring now!! :wink:

That was meant as joke. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Buonasera,ho comprato da poco una MCX8000, in modalità"stand alone",lo schermo sinistro si blocca. Ho analizzato i file anche con Engine Prime e cambiato chiavette usb. Nessun Risultato,potete aiutarmi?

Ciao

quale versione del firmware hai, l’alta temperatura può anche farlo accadere, spero che tu risolva il problema

saluti

Ho l’ultima versione, il problema è che spesso lo schermo va in freeze anche appena accesa,addirittura al primo pezzo. Con Serato è ok. Ho provato a contattare il supporto ma ad oggi non ho avuto risposta. Spero in un aiuto,la consolle l’ho acquistata il 21/03/19,mai usata in pubblico perché da subito ha dato problemi. Grazie

Da quello che capisco con Serato funziona bene intendo che il problema è solo in modalità autonoma, dovresti provare un’altra memoria USB poiché alcuni problemi di causa provano ad usare una buona velocità e qualità con la fortuna sarà proprio questo

saluti

Ne ho provate diverse,sia come velocità e capacità ma nessun risultato purtroppo. Spero che Denon mi risponda. Grazie

VID-20190625-WA0001.mp4 (9.5 MB) Questo è quello che succede… Aiuto,per favore. Grazie