Broken VIEW button

Cant you just use touch screen? I used touch screen in my last radio show. Only time i would need to use view button is to go into preferences or utility or if to change wave form from horizontal to vertical.

3 Likes

The touch screen is really great, huge, nice visibility, really state of the art screen. Way ahead of the Pioneer 2000 series screen. But buttons are still the way to go if you need to handle your equipment as a professional user if you ask me!

2 Likes

my view button slipped slightly crooked into the case right at the beginning during normal use. I managed to make it work with something very thin rubber, so that the button works. shortly before the end of the guarantee period, i will send the device in and have it repaired. but you are right, the prime has a mechanical bug at this point!

1 Like

Thank you for your post. Please post a photo, like I was. That way, it’s more likely that Denon will accept that as their construction mistake and will honour that as a warranty without a problem.

They probably will… for the first time it happens from any one particular person

1 Like

in germany we always have perfect warranty and a 3-year guarantee through our dealers. my p4 is currently working but i will certainly send it in in winter so that the view button and the left play button can be repaired. the processing of the new p4 is probably better, my colleague has a p4, which is much better processed in the places.

I’m terrified . I bought a prime 4 myself. Denon ??? What about it?

1 Like

Yep, and now mine broke too! Prime 4+ so they’ve not fixed it on the ‘new and improved version’ It’s probably the most used button on the whole machine, theoretically it should be the strongest.

Ah good ! Do you use the “View” button a lot, do you change views several times during a DJ Set or during an event? For my part… I only use it 4 times in an evening to switch from horizontal view mode to vertical view, when using a continuous playlist with the “Play As Playlist” function which requires the view vertical to operate.

For the rest, I go through the main touch screen, to enter and exit the library or to access the preferences of the P4 and P4+ player and this since version 2.X.X of the OS Engine Dj.

Needless to say… that for me the View button is almost no longer useful to me at all!

I admit, however, that it is not normal to still have problems with these “View” buttons on a new generation product.

A friend of mine, who owned a P4, had never had a problem with the button, then he bought a P4+ and PAF!!! The button broke after the 3rd evening. Subsequently, he quickly sent the P4+ to after-sales service and Algam France had given him 1 month to 2 months to get the part and as he could not wait, he asked Algam if there was no another quick and urgent solution to resolve the problem, following this… Algam replaced the original button with a “View” button from a PRIME 4.

He didn’t know that you could use the 10" screen to access playlist folders and preferences without having to use the View button.

Well aren’t i the stupid one,

man, i have never used the browse button on the screen! lmao, can’t believe i’ve been prodding at this ‘view’ button for six months now, no wonder it broke! wow wow wow, ok now i have to re train myself to use it on the screen, but thanks for that! ok i’m gonna go hide in the corner now.

It’s a habit I need to desperately get out of too, it’s because it’s right next to the browse dial…. Mine is still working after over 2yrs but I reckon it’ll break at some point.

As someone with a broken view button (this really shouldn’t be ok Denon) on a Prime 4 the Browse on the screen isn’t there in every instance, like when you’re in Engine lighting. This is obviously a problem and as a pretty hardcore Denon user (and beyond) it would be nice if they acknowledged and took care of it with either an extended warranty or recall. I have controllers 10 years old that have all of their buttons, working like new. It makes me a little frustrated. Heck, even Pioneer DJ issued a recall on the DDJ-SX3 in 2018…and even (gasp) apologized.