BPM with two decimals

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have? BPM with two decimals.

• How will this feature help you and others? It is very interesting to see on the screen that information for long mixes when you do not use sync.

• Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product? yes, VDJ8, Traktor pro, Djay Pro…

• Does a workaround currently exist? yes, add other decimal

• How often would you use this feature? Always in all the mix

• Is there any additional information you’d like to add? I’m using my new Prime 4 for a few days and I miss seeing the BPM with two decimals. Also, I think it’s interesting to have the function of re-analyzing the songs because there are times when the grid is not correct, in addition to missing a tap button to manually assign the BPM. Sorry for my bad English.

35 Likes

Oh man this is a must… overall the sync thing of Prime4 ■■■■■. A 2 digits counter of BPM should be very helpful and a way to actually microadjust it.

4 Likes

It is incredible to me. No more people are interested in this functionality? Everyone uses SYNC? Am I the only one trying not to use SYNC?

1 Like

This should get some love. I dont think it would be that hard to implement either.

1 Like

I dont use sync at all and I would like two decimal places.

1 Like

Not bashing you here, but honestly… what is the difference between pushing the sync button or just adjusting the pitch fader of one deck to match the bpm to that of the other deck? It’s basically the same thing, the only difference is you are manually moving the pitch fader. It’s completely different, if you are mixing by ear - but then why would you need 2 decimal bpm?? In a weird way, I kinda like that the P4 doesn’t analyse every single track correctly. I can’t help but laugh when I let other guys play and they just try set the bpm the same as the other deck, but can’t figure out why it won’t mix properly!! How can someone carry on about people that use sync when all they do is adjust the bpm to match, there’s no skill involved with that either. You might as well save some wear on the fader & press sync.

1 Like