Bpm jumps to 120

Hi, something strange is happening the last two days. When I load a song in Engine DJ on my MacBook and on my SC6000’s, some songs switch bpm to 120. It seems to happen kind of randomly. The actual tempo of the songs does not change, so the grid becomes totally wrong also, making it impossible to loop (which I do a lot). Some songs stay listed in their original bpm, with some songs the bpm also changes in the lists. What could be wrong? Thanks in advance, Hans.

… i have nearly the same problem: Missing Overviews in some Tracks since 2.0.x

I have also experienced this. I have been locking my tracks grid when exporting from Lexicon to engine. This seems to fix the 120 BPM issues but my grids are far from perfect. I wonder if it is because I am not letting engine grid them? This hurts my loops.

I use Serato without any grid information and my loops work fine there. I am hoping Engine OS gives us old skool kats a way to completely turn off the grid, only relying on BPM data for looping.

Hi, I also export from Lexicon. I have learned now what could be the problem: tracks look like they have been analyzed, but in fact they have not. (They don’t have a finch.) So when I analyze them in Lexicon, export them again to external drive and play them on the SC6000, the problem seams to be solved. Fingers crossed… (I have to say Christiaan from Lexicon never gets tired of helping me with all of my problems and questions.)

1 Like

Thank you! When you export from lexicon, are you locking the grids, or just leaving that setting on default?

I’m still not sure what’s best. So I tried all, but the effect is still not clear to me. Last time I unlocked them all, but I could not adjust the beatgrid with my SC6000, which I expected. So I guess it’s a matter of trial and error :slight_smile:

Thanks. I’ll report back if I find more info.

Revisiting this,

I deleted my prime database and exported my crates from Lexicon with the grids set to unlocked. After re-import into Prime, my BPM’s and Grids are accurate and match Serato now.