BPM Analysis, completely off on some songs, suggestions?

Are you in the proper bpm detection range?

tried every range to see if i got different results, no difference

i noticed there are lots of tracks with bpm’s out of whack…

I just tried with that track, came out at 125.972. Check the ID3 metadata of your version of the file and try removing BPM if its present, then right click the track in Engine Prime and click re-analyze

1 Like

not sure what you mean about checking meta data, it was empty apart from title artist before analyzing

Download Kid3 and use that to check that music file.

ok i’ll check that out, i used mp3tag and it worked gret, but EP keeps going back to its own bpm for some reason

That’s not how EP has worked since 1.3.x - if the track has BPM information stored in the ID3 tags, it will use that over the EP algorithm.

I stripped all ID3 information out of the version of the track I was using which forces EP to use its BPM detection algorithm. It is worth noting that this was a completely new track to my EP collection, have you tried removing your version from the collection then re-adding it?

Also, when you were using mp3tag, were you re-importing the track information from EP (right click track, Re-Import track information) or were you expecting EP just to pick up the changes automatically?

I dont want to open another thread so: Can somebody explain how i re-analyze my whole collection with one click in Engine Prime 1.5? I dont have to mark every single track right (hopefully i don`t have to)?

TIA!

Highlight first track then hold the SHIFT then scroll to down last track and highlight he to.

All track betweens will highlight as well

Then right click chose analyse

1 Like

Big thanks @LargoS!

Ctrl + A on windows and I’m sure there’s a MacOS equivalent shortcut.

1 Like

Even easier! Thx @JonnyXDA

Okay 18000+ tracks selected. But when i rightclick to select “re-analyze” nothing happens? The status bar on the lower right corner says “no jobs running”? (Windows)

Edit: Got it! I have to select the drive on the right column (not the collection on the left) and now it works :wink: Sorry, my fault!

1 Like