[RESOLVED] Deck 2 Platter Locked (no playback) After Updating to v1.5.2

So here’s an issue I came across. Fresh start and loading a track to deck 2 the Wash efx simply wasn’t working… it kind of flanges and then full turn it cuts out.

I did a couple restarts and it seemed like waiting longer to load tracks helped but I’m still not sure… also was comparing whether loading a track from a crate vs loading a track from a playlist…

Still unsure. But from now on I give a startup and wait and test it to make sure it’s working via fader up and listening through the headphones before mixing G

I also have deck number 2 randomly freezing. Must cycle the power on and off to get it to work again

What you’ve reported is not affecting all users/units so it’s a bit difficult to identify/understand. Even the units that have shown this behavior in the field are not showing the issue in our environment. We’ve reviewed several customer units.

Please trust this is very importrant and we are investigating the reports with the highest priority.

Would it help if I made a video of the issue when it happens again?

I’ll definitely try to document it in as much detail as possible next time, which will most likely be later today, or the next few days…

Problem is that it happens so randomly. I had the unit work for hours, only to later restart it and the error would appear after a few minutes.

Happened to me four times (!) two days ago. But not once yesterday, but I also didn’t use it as much.

But a good number of users experience this problem. Honestly, even if I don’t have this problem, I’m afraid it might manifest itself to me. Especially during an event!

1 Like

I made a more detailed report on the 1.6 beta forum, with a short video of the issue: https://community.enginedj.com/t/under-review-prime-go-deck-2-freeze/25840/13

2 Likes

this is the same case as mine

I have the same problem. Also with beta 1.6 firmware.

Same issue w/ deck 2 freezing. Just got the unit last week, and updated it immediately (Now wish I would have waited to update). I used it for a small athletic event on the weekend with no problems. Turned on the unit today and deck 2 was immediately frozen. Same exact issue as others described above.

The play button will stay lit until pushed and then it will blink. When in play mode it will not allow another track to be loaded, so the system seems to be recognizing what it should be doing No result from hot cues, reloading same or different track, effects, pushing sync button, etc. No apparent solution or work around, the unit needs to be restarted for it to be resolved.

I’m assuming (and really, really hoping) this is just a software issue. It’s a downer that it’s happening at all (especially in less than a week after purchase) but it would be a huge disappointment if it requires the unit to be sent back. Besides that, so far I love it and am glad I purchased it. Here’s hoping we see a new update soon that resolves the problem!

Exactly same symptoms but with my Prime 4 Unit. Sent it back to warranty via the shop - Denon website was useless, the service has zero idea what’s going on. Funny thing, Ive just bought the PrimeGo as a backup for live gigs and it’s only now that I find out that the Go might have the same issues with channel #2… grrr Not a cheap experiment, I tell you that. I wonder if they (Denon) actually found the problem.

People have been reporting this problem since at least 80 days ago on both the Prime 4 and the Prime Go. I’ve not been able to find much of a response from Denon about it. (I could be wrong and just didn’t see it. If that’s the case, please indicate where the response can be found)

I also have a Prime 4 and so far have not experienced the same issue with it. I really love the Prime Go, but if I have no idea if/when this will be fixed, I may have to return it before the allowed exchange time ends. It’s a major inconvenience during shows and the seemingly random occurrence makes it even worse. It always kills the energy and looks very unprofessional when the DJ has to take a break to restart his system. Workarounds (if there are any) are nice as a temporary fix, but a $1,000 unit shouldn’t need permanent workarounds in order to function properly.

Anyone know of a response about this from Denon? Anyone hear anything about when we might expect the official 1.6 update?

Just had this happen to me tonight, very first track I wanted to play loaded to deck 2, cued it up, went to start playing and the deck locked up and I had to restart.

In this thread, by JWill (42 days ago) with a further reply just 11 days ago.

this is a complete joke… i can send this back for a refund? right? item is faulty and not fit for purpose (Denon Prime Go) No response from Denon

So they didn’t contact you , but they did.

It seems that if you want a device that doesn’t have this issue, then you need to send it back to denon like they asked you to 43 days ago. In these days of firmware updates and master resets etc some things are still hardware related and cannot be fixed remotely or with a quickie download.

If it were my Prime GO, I’d send the hardware in now, while none of us DJs are able to (or at least shouldn’t be) play out to public. Perfect timing

On the other side of things, take it back for a refund from your dealer and find some other battery operated mixer-decs combo. Denon need to be aware that, whilst they’re quite good at interacting with customers, they do sometimes leave customers in the dark for way too long in between answers.

Having much more regular updates to each of the firmware requests and feature requests would be good - maybe denon should mark every single request as “Will not implement” then just manually go through and change the lucky suggestions, which are being considered and are possible on the current hardware platforms as “under consideration”. Some of the suggestions have been hanging around on the forum with no update, for years. Some people could be getting or keeping their hopes up for no reason.

I’m having this issue as ww speak and I’m Djing my club… I’m so upset… It even crashed and gave an error message mentioning beta…

Why is my firmware beta??? I don’t want to experiment!!!

Prime 2 1.5.2 forgot to mention my model and firmware… my second deck randomly pauses as if I’m touching the platter…

It works better when I turn vinyl mode… but I’m a scratch dj so this is totally an inconvenience

Denon asked me for my name & address and contact details some time ago in order for an engineer to get in touch and nothing has happened.

The symptoms of this issue strongly indicate that this is a software problem… when this issue occurs all that happens is the play button stops responding… im pretty sure this is a bug… everything else is working… As other users have stated, even the cue points jump to the position in the song, it just doesnt actually play… its like its some sort of NaN error or other out of range error in the sync/timing code.

I thought I had this problem too, however it turns out that If you play a song from a crate, you can’t play it again. Playlist not a problem.