Bidirectional sync of Prime 4 and SC 5000

Hello, can someone please tell me how to sync a SC5000 player to the Prime 4?

Is this synchronization, as it works between the four decks of the Prime 4, even possible between the SC5000 and the Prime 4?

Thank you and best regards

What is that You want to achieve? File sharing - works. Tempo sync - only via ableton link. Audio - analog line to prime 4.

Hai … many thanks for your response! Of course I don’t want to archive anything and I didn’t mean file sharing either.

“Tempo sync” between a SC5000 and a Prime 4 is my topic. And if you say that this synchronization is only possible with Ableton Link, I will probably have to deal with this topic.

Thank you very much!

Achieve - I meant - what is Your goal. Tempo sync - ok. Newest software for SC5000 and prime 4 has ableton link. Connect them with lan cable, switch on ableton link and should be synced. I am not sure if Engine link would work, but if not, then Ableton link, should do the job. Use sync button to show what device should follow what.

Hello, … thank you again for your tip on the Ableton link. I had already used the Engine Link, but obviously nothing worked with the Tempo Sync (at least I haven’t found a solution to synchronize the two devices with Engine Link).

In the next few days I’ll be working on the Ableton Link and syncing. Then I’ll get back to you again with results or questions.

Many greetings

1 Like

Great, let us know here what are Your findings. Happy mixing.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.