- What is the feature or ability you would like to have?
Either the ability to (in preferences) select which FX you would like to have available (disabling the ones I don’t ever use)
— AND/OR —
As you turn the FX selector knob, a list shows on the main display, showing your current position and the order of the FX.
- How will this feature help you and others?
There are a lot of FX to choose from (thank you!) and (hopefully) more coming! But this can be challenging when trying to switch between FX quickly, especially when they’re not adjacent. By having the ability to “remove” some of the effects I never use or more easily see where I am in the list and which way to turn the knob, I would be able to use multiple FX more effectively. Currently, I often leave the FX on reverb and hardly touch others as finding a new effect takes too long when I’m mixing quickly.
- Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?
This is available on Pioneer’s XDJ RX/RX2 and CDJs, as the FX selector knob has the target effect physically painted on the unit, making switching effects almost instant.
- Does a workaround currently exist?
No — you have to scroll through until you find what you’re looking for.
- How often would you use this feature?
Literally every time I play.
- Is there any additional information you’d like to add?
This is my single biggest issue with the Prime 4, as it prevents me from using many FX that I would otherwise love to play with.