Better BPM Editing on the PRIME 4

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have?

Enhanced features on the prime 4 for editing the BPM:

• Ability to manually edit the BPM on a song by typing in the actual BPM instead of just doubling or dividing the current BPM.
  • a option in settings that will allow for a metronome to play while edit beat grid is enabled to ensure the beat grid is lined up precisely.
  • ability to have variable BPM in a song.
  • How will this feature help you and others?

It will help ensure that your BPM are accurate and perfectly aligned to the beat grid for accurate syncs in songs.

• Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product? Yes. Most if all are available on Virtual DJ and Serato

• Does a workaround currently exist? Not really. Although you can edit BPM manually in Engine Prime

• How often would you use this feature? Pretty much on every other song I try to play. Most of them have the incorrect BPM. But alot of them have the Beat Grid not perfectly match.

• Is there any additional information you’d like to add?

The metronome feature would be very helpful… Some people say seeing is believing…but really for true DJs hearing is believing. And it would be helpful to ensure the beat grid is actually synced to the beat.

38 Likes

A BPM tap button on the screen would be a great addition and/or on the P4 itself. For example holding SHIFT and tapping the VIEW button.

4 Likes

Jep, missing this in the Prime 4 itself. You can place the beat grid, but you can’t change the tempo. Now I’m writing the tracks down on a paper or my GSM and edit everything in Engine… But changing it while you’re playing is something that needs to be done…

3 Likes

It would be really nice to be able to edit beat grids on transition tracks (i.e. tracks that change tempo from beginning to end). Not necessarily on the Prime 4 but in the Engine Prime Software. I will say, though, that now I don’t use a ton of transition tracks as they aren’t really needed with the amazing algorithm on pitch when changing tempo! But still…would be nice.

1 Like

i would like to control my editing for my BPM manually,Sometimes the BPM is wrong…

At the Denon DJ officials, please fix this.

Makes zero sense if customers have to find crude ways to stay on top of things. Imagine a mobile or bar dj with a decent size library needing to jot down BPMs of tracks on paper…

Near accurate BPM detection is a primary function of dj software or hardware that is software driven.

Something being touted as “game changer” should be equivalent to currently available options in key features, if it cant outperform them.

And the current Prime 4 ability to use BPM values stored in ID tags is not a get out jail free card. EP still has to perform better in its own calculations.

4 Likes

I agree with most of this, but the ability to use current BPM values is huge, as most of us already have that information set to our liking.

No other program I know of does this. A big step forward toward a universal system.

1 Like

the best example of beat editing I’ve found on any equipment is adjusting serato grids on the mcx8000. If they could implement a similar system, it takes seconds to sort it out. that would be fantastic.

This has been suggested many months ago.

Engine Prime is probably not coded to do that.

I’m sure they are noting all this suggestions for when they intend to rewrite the software …if that’s not already started.

I reckon the rest of the Prime series will get the “Prime 4 bpm reading from tag function” by the next update or later…

1 Like

Maybe holding shift and tapping the vinyl or slip button as a tap function or by pressing the parameter buttons when in beat grid mode to change the bpm by decimals.