Best way to sync updated playlists to Engine DJ 2.1?

Plz help: I have multiple playlists on iTunes to which I add songs on regular basis. I have e.g. annual playlists for my purchases and a bunch of smart playlists which use genres and ratings to generate automatic lists for e.g. peak time stuff for easier “unplanned” sets.

The problem with this approach is that after I import these playlists to Engine DJ, there does not seem to be any way to refresh the playlist content from iTunes so that new tracks from the same playlists would be added to Engine DJ playlists. Only way to do this seems to be to remove these playlists from Engine DJ and then re-import the same playlists from iTunes library.

This is doable, but it’s still a pain in the a** to remove > reimport each of these playlist whenever I add even a single track to my iTunes library.

Any tips of how to do this more efficiently?

3 Likes

Following this thread for a friend :slight_smile:

I too wish there were a more efficient and elegant way for this to take place.

For instance when I put the flash drive in it just references my existing playlists and adds the latest tracks.

There is no other way, but I’m sure there’s a relevant feature request you can vote on.

Denon has not improved anything to do with workflows for months now, so we can only hope they are coming soon.

2 Likes

I have created 1 (one) main folder (called "Music) inside iTunes and then sorted all my music out to the correct playlists, sub-playlists inside that folder.

And when I update from iTunes with new music inside Engine Dj, I just remove that main folder. And import it again. Dont want to sit and do it playlist by playlist.

2 Likes

If that problem will ever solved ? Would love that too, but I guess it won’t happen in the next few years.

So when you do this does it overwrite any cue points you’ve already created using your Prime player(s)? Thx!

No :slightly_smiling_face: they stay :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ok so there’s a separate database file being referenced. Beeeeeeeeeautiful!!! Thank you! This is so incredibly helpful!