Best SATA drive to buy?

I just ordered my Prime 2 and I’m excitedly awaiting its arrival.

Meanwhile, I want to order a SATA drive so I can install it and store all my tracks internally. Any recommendations as to which one to get? I saw this on Amazon: Seagate BarraCuda 1TB Internal Hard Drive HDD – 2.5 Inch SATA 6 Gb/s 5400 RPM 128MB Cache for PC Laptop for $45.

Any reason not to buy that? Any other accessories I should have out of the gate?

Install an SSD! Samsung or other well known brand.

1 Like

I herd either, but preferably ssd. https://youtu.be/SCL8-YQySz4

Crucial SSD is what Denon use in thier marketing and how to videos. I have one in my Prime 4. Dont really use it that much though, as i prefer usb stick as im always updating my playlists.

1 Like

Samsung Evo series is the way to go

1 Like

In my opinion you should be able to use ANY SSD without any problem. But yes, we already know that the SSD implementation isn`t perfect on the Prime 4 which is a s… at the year 2021…

The best SATA drive is the fastest one you can afford.

/Thread :wink:

1 Like

Why even bother buying anything but Samsung drives? They are always at the forefront of the technology. Just save enough to buy the size you need and buy that. I bought a Samsung 1TB 860EVO for my SC6K last year (2020)…you can buy the 1TB 870EVO for like $115 today. SSD prices are soooo cheap compared to what they once were. I remember buying a 250GB OWC SSD for my Macbook Pro back in 2012 for $340!!

1 Like

I got a 1TB Sandisk SSD for 80quid on Amazon

popped it into the 6000m, it worked fine but the internal drive workflow isn’t exactly for me! it’s now drive D in my PC.

I also have two 860 evos in 4TB size.

1 Like

If you want to donate one of those evos my way I’ll happily take it off your hands, lol!

1 Like

If i could i would. Lol.

Samsung now has the QVO series as well in up to 8TB size.

Samsung QVO SSDs use 4-bit QLC technology while EVO SSDs use 3-bit TLC technology.

QVO is cheaper than the EVO/EVO Pro.

The QVOs have lower Write Speeds compared to EVOs but for DJ use its the Read speed that counts and still north of 300MB/s in real life use over USB 3.0

I have seen 4TB for 280gbp on Amazon.

Its great that there are many options

2 Likes