Below Freezing Storage?

Hi all- can anyone here provide input if it’s okay to store Denon 5000’s and an x1850 in below freezing temperatures for a night? I know you shouldn’t do this with LED lights etc., but I’m not sure about the players.

Thank you!

Thanks for the response. Looks like I’ll give it a go unless anyone else here has objections haha.

My only work worry would be equipment with LCD screens. Our country of Turkey rarely goes below freezing but there was a time 3 or 4 years ago when I let two light controllers go below freezing and both their LCD displays burst and showed trapped broken rainbow-like ink in the display As the L in LCD stands for “liquid” then the freezing makes sense.

The screen s on the SC primes are not liquid as far as I know. The screens on the 18xx might be but I don’t know.

In general too I would say that you should let cold gear warm up slowly to room temperatures before opening the cases, plugging in or using them

Not sure about the storage, but I made a party in the winter on an open air ice skates park couple years ago - it was fun, cold and no damage to the equipment :slight_smile:

Still no definitive answer, so it has me concerned. I dj outdoors at a ski resort weekly and once it starts getting below freezing, the screens on the 5000’s start acting up and can become unresponsive. This has happened on a few occasions. But I’m talking they will be stored in 10F for a solid 16 hours.

Nothing should happen, just remember to let the devices sit for at least 2 hours when brought to a heated place. Condensation on the inside can damage the gear very badly when switched on.

Okay so based on this information I won’t be leaving them in that type of temperature over night. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.