Beginner with prime engine , idiots questions

Hi guys , sorry to be so basic but I want to figure out the best way to proceed . So let’s say I have 2 crates Funk disco house Deep house . I dragged and dropped 100 tracks into each from my c drive . I then synced using the sync button.

So next day I then download 10 new tracks for deep house . So do I put them into the deep house crate so I have 110 in that crate and then sync again ?. Or is there a quicker way to add new tracks as I get them ? Guess I’m asking if I need to resync every time I add ( it took an hour to sync )

Second thing I need to get straight in my head I want to have a bunch of albums for family functions . Abba , erasure and other light pop type stuff . I want to keep this separate from my house tunes for mixing , so I bought a second usb stick. My plan was to create a new abba crate and new erasure crate and drop the albums in there. Then when I sync put the second usb in and only select the pop music folders . I want 2 different usbs to have 2 different types of music ( but from one prime engine software ) is that how others do it? My thinking is I don’t want it all on one stick or I will have deep house tracks and abba tracks all showing up when I filter by key type thing .

Hope this makes sense and sorry for the totally beginners questions .

Yes you can do that

If I was doing this method i would

Create Two Main Crates in Engine Prime

Main Crate for your House, then you can have subcrates under house for House sub folders

• house
  1. deep
  2. tech
  3. disco

Then Create another main crate for POP then have subcrates for classification

• POP
    • top40,
    • Classic Rock,
    • Slow Set

The second time you Sync to USB should be quicker as it should only update the new tracks in your Crates.

Stick to one method to get your tracks into the USBs otherwise you may end up with more than one copy of the same track

• If you are using Sync manager stick to sync manager

• If you are dragging and dropping from EP to the USBs, then stick to drag and drop

• If you are copying the files from C direct to USB before analyzing the USB in EP then stick to that.

Great advice musafa, thanks for helping out a beginner

1 Like