I noticed that on the Prime Go, when using Beatport Link service, does not analyse BPM but rather uses the BPM metadata that is given by Beatport. This throws off the whole beat grid.
The problem is that many Beatport songs don’t have the correct BPM in it’s metadata, I checked.
Therefore by using the BPM from Beatport instead of analysing them, the Prime Go just has the wrong BPM for many songs and cannot be corrected in Engine OS.
I tested the same songs that had the wrong BPM, purchased them and put them on a USB key…and the Prime Go detected the correct BPM!
The solution is that the Prime GO should analyse Beatport’s tracks’ BPM instead of relying on the Beatport metadata. They probably implemented this to save time I guess……
I tested the same tracks in Rekorbox and Beatport’s DJ app and they analysed them correctly. Even Beatport’s own app analyses the tracks correctly instead of relying on their own metadata!!!
Please fix this and the Prime Go will be 10x better for streaming.
Names of tracks so you can test yourself : Dubfire feat. Miss Kitten – Exit (Original Mix) Radio Slave – Feel the same (DJ Koze Edit)