Beat Sync accuarcy

Hi Everyone…

My 6000s turned up yesterday and they are very nice indeed. Everything is built really well and they just feel amazing to play on and the screens are just incredible…very happy.

However, the beat sync is really not very good. I use it for how I mix, multiple loops and channels so it needs to be on point. I’ve moved over from Traktor and there is a huge difference in how accurate the sync is.

Some tracks are spot on and others are just really sloppy and all over the place…it really should be better than it is at this level!

(Beatgrids are correct and I’m using beat sync rather than tempo or bar)

Anyone else have experience of this?

Did you reanalyse your tracks ?

Reanalyse gives better results

Especially if you ported your Traktor collection to Engine Collection

Hi, yes all reanalysed through engine OS, I’ve actually changed it to tempo sync and it seems to be much better, still need a nudge here and there.

Do you find the same thing as what I’m saying though with some tracks or what?

Here’s the set up!

1 Like

Engine OS does not reanalyse.

Desktop Engine DJ has analyse and reanalyse

• Analyse is sorta like a light analysis - eg it will keep the BpM values that was found in the Traktor database

• Reanalyse is deep analysis - it will disregard Traktors values and recalculate everything

It’s explained across the forums

And I find all the sync functioning as I’d expect once the bpm and beatgrid is correct

1 Like

BPM detection in Engine is pretty spot on especially when you re-analyze, beatgrid detection not so much. I came from Traktor too and the beatgridding is frustrating paticularlly because fixing them on the players is nearly impossible whereas fixing them in Traktor while the track is playing is so easy.

What I’ve begun doing is any time I add new tracks to Engine I go through them after I analyze and re-analyze and visually check the beatgrids, I have to fix 50-60% of them slightly.

3 Likes

I did some analysis recently and found that Engine DJ can pick up the BPM from the MP3 tags which is a bad technical approach because the BPM stored in tags is limited to an integer value. The BPM tag is also often populated with tracks downloaded from Beatport etc.

So, I delete the BPM tag data before import to Engine DJ to ensure it can’t be used.

You can review my findings here: