Beat jump brief silence?

Just got my Prime 4, and I am stoked. Love this machine!

I’ve noticed that beatjump function sometimes introduce a short silence, it’s pretty jarring. Seems to happen more when moving backwards.

Is this a known issue? I read another topic that suggested trying a fast hdd ( instead of the SD-card im using at the moment ) so I am going give that a try.

Any help appriciated!

2 Likes

It happens on SC5000 as well. I had hoped for it to be optimized a bit with the recent update but it still happens occasionally.

I’ve found though that it’s possible I’m just used to how it acts with Serato (you hit it right on the beat). I have discovered that if you beat jump just slightly before the actual beat it improves the smoothness of the jump quite a bit. So I’ve just kinda retrained myself a bit. Still stutters from time to time but is definitely better.

A suggestion not really based on any logic…

People still seem to forget that the whole track is loaded into memory. If you “accidentally” disconnect the media, you can still use all functions like beat jump etc.

About the skipping of audio. “Loop move” acts similar, but in my experience “beat jump” works better than “loop move”.

1 Like

I’ve also noted the slight silence when beat jumping. It’s only a tiny glitch but it makes using it on the fly a little jarring. Using beat jump in Serato or Traktor is smooth. From memory I think it was seamless on the MCX8000.

I’ll wait to see if an update for the Prime range can iron it out. It doesn’t stop me loving the units but I use beat jump a lot to shorten 12" extended mixes or to cut out longer instrumental parts of tracks.

Ive also noticed this. Luckily, I play broken beat music, so the crowd doesn’t notice it as much. I’m hoping it gets fixed in a future firmware update.

I’m surprised at the lack of comments. The feature is basically useless and it’s one I need ASAP. Right now It’s a floor killer.

A compromise would be to be able to hit loop back early (say 1/4 beat ahead) and let the CPU move it right on the next bar so it’s perfect. Kind of like a groove box would work in chaining songs on the fly.

(Sorry for the non DJ lingo, I’m a producer so this is very common on many beat machines like the MPC and NI Machine).

I’ve had this from day 1.

I’ve never had a seamless beat jump when skipping through tracks (Prime 4 and Prime Go).

There was a focus on this in the past, but didn’t get it resolved completely. Especially going back through the track.

1 Like

I remember it got much better a while back but it’s still not seamless.

I use beatjump a lot and it’s probably the only thing that’s high up the chain on my “fix list”. I hardly use it in standalone.

1 Like

I haven’t noticed any silence in the 6000m.

I beat jump a good bit

I will tell you I have found that if you time it just right, it seems to do much better. But you have to perfectly jump, at just the right time, right before the next beat. I do get much better results when this takes place, but I agree with everyone else, it could be better!

Yeah. I have to get that sweet spot and it’s right before the actual beat.

It’s a fine art!

I’ve tried it again and on or just before the beat I didn’t have audio issues actually.

Interesting.

I may raise this then as I thought it was just a limitation of hardware.