Beat Counter without Sync activated

Still feel as if this should be addressed. It makes no sense that the beat counter doesn’t work without sync. It should be a super easy fix. I hope Denon decides to join the other companies in the industry and enable this feature.

8 Likes

Agree ! Big Time

1 Like

Hey guys i think i found a hack to use beat counter as master button and not engaging sync. Check my answer here: https://community.enginedj.com/t/beat-counter-while-sync-is-not-enabled/13873/15

It is not perfect but it should be good for some people.

1 Like

It works, but you have to manually change which deck is the master. This only matters because if you adjust the speed/pitch on the master track it causes the the phase/beat counter to lag on the non-master deck. Which renders the whole tool useless unless you switch the master first.

The option for Master to be turned on independently of sync would fix this. It would be awesome if Denon would address this, all the comparable players and almost all all-in-one controllers have this function.

Commenting in hopes to bring attention… also try adding the lined version of the phase meter.

7 Likes

Like that request

12 Likes

I just got my SC6000’s last night and this was the first thing I noticed. It should work the same way Pioneer players do (master beat is always going regardless if sync is activated). Very surprised this basic feature doesn’t work as I expected!

5 Likes

I agree also. I’m not even sure why there is the “Master” button if I can not set this deck to be the Master.

This should not be related to SYNC status. So please just implement: If “Master” is pressed (even when sync is off) then activate the Master light for this deck and send the Beatcounter of this Master Deck to all other connected decks so they can display the Master Counter. (also independent from Sync status)

5 Likes

@denondj please enable phase meter without sync on all prime OS devices. I am able to beatmatch by ear, but prefer to have a working phase meter (without sync) because sometimes I am mixing in a half time/double time song, and sync will (incorrectly) double or half the BPM. I use the phase meter to make it easier/faster to know which direction to nudge and verify with my ear. Please make it possible to manually set the master without sync. By default the master should switch to which ever deck is still playing if/when all others stop. This must be one of the most requested features.

7 Likes

I agree, seeing the beats in line between deck 1 and deck 2 with inactive sync would be very convenient. In PRIMEDENON 4 it is possible to see the tracks in a single display and understand if you are in ALIGNED. I have perhaps regretted my sc5000m a little

1 Like

This is the one thing I don’t like about the sc5000m(s) , otherwise they’re great. It seems like a super easy fix, all other competing software and hardware do this already. Please take action. :grin:

It shouldn’t have to be requested it’s an industry standard. Come on Denon, do you hear us?

2 Likes

Above all and and additionally, why not to add “Stacked Waveform” like the Cdj3000 has? It would be much more useful than seeing a NOT working beat meter…

Before getting a response from any denon moderator or technicians by saying that they already have a waveform, stacked waveform shows master tracks waveform where the beat meter is…

Also adding different coloring options to any waveforms would be nice. ie: rgb or 1 color

5 Likes

Is there any new informations about it? :slight_smile:

I made a feature request where you could align jogwheel display rings like the phase meter.

https://community.enginedj.com/t/jogwheel-display-beatgrid-ring-stack/35166/10

Alson it would be easier to have ability to have vertical beat counters for 1-4 decks on the screen, there is plenty of space for even full 4 vertical waveforms. You can set the player number from preferences already so you don’t need to have no master at all. Just Vertical waveforms or just phase meters with deck numbers. They can be horizontally too but there should be option to have this feature without sync already. This function should have been there from the beginning.

1 Like

The beat counter and master now work as they should have always worked!!

1 Like

Not for me, at least in the 2.0 update…But I should say that I trust my ears MUCH more than a phase meter… That said, it would be nice to see it working properly… Ciao

1 Like

It is working properly. If Your beat grids are on the right spot, beat counter also works correctly.

Good day to you all,

as @amarillis critcized and as @NoiseRiser noted correctly, the requirement for proper working for sync, beat grids and so on, is that

IMO the non solved imperfection of “the right spot” is the crucial point and a never ending story (e.g.):

https://community.enginedj.com/t/flexible-beatgrid-ability-to-set-a-manual-downbeat/36984

Best workaround will be still to trust your skills and common sense.

Brgds

BeatMaster

1 Like

“And now for my next number…” Well, suppose you have to change the beat grid on the deck, because the SW did not put the “ONE on the ONE”… So you shift the grid by one FWD or BWD… Now watch the PHASE METER on the current deck… I can not explain it by myself BUT sometimes it is still working as supposed to do (the phase is still there), some other won’t (phase all over the places)… WHY? I mean it took me three or four tracks before everything was in phase on the right beat again (according to the meter)… And BTW, my CUE points are right on the SPOT, I always dubble checked it… Anyway, just saying… Let me know… Ciao

I have seen this behavior as well. The phase meter goes out of phase. It’s not 100% yet.

Workaround - toggle sync On and Off on the deck and the phase lines up again. :grimacing:

1 Like