Automix playlist

As a wedding DJ. There are times that I need to step away from the controls and deal with other things. Having a simple ability to play a playlist with simple crossfade between songs removing the silence would be awesome. I have that with the laptop but trying to move away from bringing a laptop with these players.

Thanks! Sam King

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have?

• How will this feature help you and others?

• Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?

• Does a workaround currently exist?

• How often would you use this feature?

• Is there any additional information you’d like to add?

9 Likes

Simple cross-fade would be perfect. I bring my computer mainly just to do background music as iTunes is still the best for that because of the 7s cross-fade it puts in. I don’t really want my background list fully mixed, but, as you said, the removal/reduction of the silence would be great :+1:

2 Likes

Hello! I have the same need. I’m a wedding DJ, and I need to playlists while I’m not in front of the team. It’s very important!!!

How could you solve it? What I can think of is to put a computer aside for this task. Is there another way to do better?

Thanks!!

There have been other forum topics since the old request for automix, saying that at weddings, no-one in the crowd really notices or thinks about the gap between tracks during unattended play like cocktail hour or background meal music

Nice feature to add later, but many believe the dev teams focus should be very firmly on the bpm analysis and Beatgrid chaos first

3 Likes

I also play weddings amongst other gigs, and every 3 or 4 month while I practice at home I always make a updated megamix for 2 or 3 hours, suitable for weddings.

We should never be further away from our setup than we quickly can turn down the music while there is speeches or small happenings during the wedding anyway.

Like @DJ_Sontag says, there are more important matters than a Automix feature, to be honest.

3 Likes

It would be great :slight_smile:

I want to make a suggestion about the suggestion.

If automix gets added, at all, I’d like to be able to point it at either one playlist OR TWO playlists, one playlist on each player, or one playlist on each layer

Why? Well at a wedding it could be generalised that there are two age groups - about half who are friends of the bride and groom and are around their bride and froom age so they’ll want a modern playlist to hear play during meals or cocktail hours - but then there’s the bride and groom families their parents,their aunts uncles their grandparents - a whole different horizon of people probably 20 to 39 years older than the bride groom and their friends

So if I can pick a playlist for the bride and groom and friends on one deck or later and the older playlist for the older ones on the other player or layer and have the music playback crossfade track 1 from the young playlist into track 1 of the older playlist , then it crossfade to track 2 of the young playlist and so on and on then it would be great and so much more flexible than picking and playing a single playlist or manually trying to merge two playlists

1 Like

Good idea :slight_smile: