AutoMix Feature In Prime 4

Will there be a Automix feature where the DJ can load tracks and let the controller do the mix automatically.

Hi @oswaldbobb, thank you for your request.

At present there will be no auto-mix feature on the Prime 4 when it’s released, but there is a ‘continuous mode’ that will play each track in a playlist one after the other.

I have passed your request on to the dev team who are now aware.

Thanks J

2 Likes

In continuous mode is there a 1 or 2 secs space after each track?

if it’s anything like every other dj software, once one track is loaded, the next track is loaded into the other deck and when it ends it gapless-ly starts playing the next track once it ends, then the cycle repeats.

Auto mix is anti-DJ

I disagree.

VirtualDJ has various automix modes, and above that you can create custom POI (points of interest) to set in and out points etc. It works very well.

Typical scenario background music at the start of the evening or during a meal.

This would be especially handy for the zone out on the Prime 4 with a separate play list so the tracks don’t have a visible gap.

Not everyone is a EDM DJ in a club doing the same thing every night. The Prime 4 will be bought by a lot of mobile DJs. Just remember that.

Really (like horizontal waveforms) Denon’s product development team should have thought of this already.

2 Likes

There is no such thing as Anti-DJ, a DJ plays back music, that is what a DJ does, there are no rules for a DJ. The hardware or software a DJ uses is to make his work easier, so if the hardware of software allows the DJ to Auto Mix is good as this is a tool to use if the DJ desires.

2 Likes

In some senses , that phrase is irrevocably spot on.

One of the many things I wished for virtual DJ before they got too cocky and put themselves first, before the users and their shows was that virtual WOULD auto mix between two decks instead of loading everything onto one deck

I can see the point for some VDJ users, of having automix working all in one deck only, but for some workflows it neither works, nor flows.

But for Primes , some sort of playback commander where all the tracks in a playlist could be alternated between two decks with a little cross fade over beginning/end of tracks to avoid silent gaps would be good. Having two different playlists alternating would be extra good

Virtualdj has a setting to enable dual deck automix should you want it. It’s set to one deck by default and that works fine in most cases.

Everyone prefers some cross fading with their playlists. So like iTunes it could be an auto 12 seconds crossfade or optional tempo matching say for a straight 4/4 house etc list. Better than super boring 2 second gaps between tracks for another room via the handy zone out feature on channel 4

1 Like

Hi there, thank you for this feedback on the Zone feature, we’re compiling a few to see how we can evolve the Zone output and this is helpful.

We can’t wait for people to starting using it and giving us more!

1 Like