Audio Preview player

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have? Audio Preview player in the collection/playlists

• How will this feature help you and others? Easier to find and search the right tracks for making playlists. I don’t know all my tracks by name and sometime I need to check the start and end of a track. By having a Audio Preview player this will help to improve the workflow.

• Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product? Rekordbox has this function perfectly integrated … you can even see the markers shown in the tracks. Really perfect ! This is one of the reasons I’m still using rekordbox as my main dj software to make playlists.

• Does a workaround currently exist? No, the only thing you can do is load the track …

• How often would you use this feature? All the time!

• Is there any additional information you’d like to add? Of course There are many other thinks Engine Prime is still missing but for me this is really a important one.

1 Like

I think if the Prime 4 was only a 2 deck player, I might see the need for this as being a great alternative to knowing the music on the harddrive, but not on a 4 deck.

Request is about the desktop software :wink:

In which case, I can see no point, as, at home, we’re not trying to save 5 seconds here or change our mind on the next track to be played when there’s only 11 seconds of the playing track left.

It’s drag and drop already which is pretty quick and I think there’s even a keyboard shortcut for load highlighted track to deck 1 or deck 2

Indeed. Double click is even faster.

Have you ever worked with Rekordbox ? Of course you can load tracks in the decks to play but the way it works with audiopreview makes it so much faster. It can also give you a quick overview how the wav looks like (so you can see breaks, markers and so on). It’s a professional feature that can improve workflow for many people :slight_smile:

How many different names is this same request going to get?

It’ll never happen, but maybe there should be a forum rule that says , if you make a request without searching the forum to see if the suggestion been made already, the request won’t be added to the firmware/software. That would get people using search in the forum before jumping in. :innocent:

1 Like

I’d not use this.

Too much useful track manipulation is completely lost by this “corner cutting”

When you load a track into a proper deck you get all the info, full zoomable waveform, displayed cue points and loops, and all the ability to jump around in the track using the beat jump buttons, the shift and forward/back buttons for scrolling rapidly through the track, the platter manipulation.