Audio issues when browsing playlists on beatport link

Just signed up to beatport link and i am getting strange audio issues like the platter is being slowed down when scrolling through playlists with a streaming track playing on my 6000M. latest firmware installed.

Anyone else experienced this?

https://youtu.be/PU_17q5inwc

1 Like

Weird. Tried seeing if anything else affects it or just scrolling through streaming tracks? Disabled platter moving? Do anything you can think of including physically moving the unit and see if any patterns show up.

Well i tried all firmware revisions back to 1.52 and it was still the same, So i asked my friend to test his 5000M’s (running1.61) with the same proceedure and to my suprise the 5000M’s have the same issue :astonished:

It seems to be more evident on the longer playlists of 100 tracks and occurs with and without a source drive. i now need to find someone with a SC 60000 /5000 and beatport link to see if it is affecting that model as well.

i suppose there will be a bun fight between Beatport and Denon DJ now as to who’s fault it is :rofl:

I’ve got beatport link and beatsource link.

Will test on the 5000M

Thanks for the help, The playlist i tested on was organic house, Top 100 tracks, play the first track and then scroll away :grinning:

I will test on a pair of 6000m with beatport link and report back. I’ve never noticed anything as I use the search bar to type the tracks I want. I do sometime use curated play lists but again never heard any audio disruptions whilst browsing.

I tried a 5000m on a different broadband connection and got exactly the same issue will post a video later. also attempted log a support ticket for the second day, sent another email request and spent 2 hours in a queue but nobody took the call :rage:

So I tried this but I can’t get the “jilted slur effect” whilst browsing. I tried many lists and all seem good and well no matter what list I tried on beatport.

This is a weird bug I can’t replicate. Sorry I can’t help further. Hope Denon can assist and advise with your technical hitch asap

1 Like

Have exactly the same problem here. SC6000M, OS 1.6.2. Annoying as hell.

Internet connection is stable, 120 Mbit/s.

Feels as if every part of the software runs in the same thread. :joy:

It certainly is annoying and Denon support have been looking at the issue for the last month,I have given up streaming from Beatport as is unusable on the M series players and have gone back to my DDJ-1000 to record my shows where i use streamed content.

Its happening on 1.6.2 as well

Just tested.

Did you start a bug report yet?

Not on here I raised a support ticket about 4 weeks ago and we are just getting to the “it looks like your broadband is at fault” stage of the troubleshooting :grinning:

This is a typical „support statement“ (I am such a support guy at work, I know the game) and it’s nonsense.

At least my internet is rock stable.

But it seems, the Beatport servers are a bit wonky from time to time. The whole webpage seems slow to me, the downloads as well. On the other hand we’re watching here 3 x 4K-video streams at once and the download speed is around 15 MB/s from every other website… so it’s not the internet connection - at least not at the users side.

I’m on Gigabit

I have submitted a bug report …its been sequestered for moderation @Reese

Yeah I am with you here as I train network engineers on how to troubleshoot LAN/WAN performance issues so the”it’s your broadband” is not going to fly with me.

Support is really slow as well as in almost a month we are nowhere near finding the root cause of the problem.:angry:

Already approved mate! :wink:

1 Like

https://community.enginedj.com/t/scrolling-through-beatport-playlist-is-affecting-live-audio/33016

Bug reported

1 Like

Thanks, so is this the best way to get things fixed rather than logging a support ticket?

That is a million dollar question

There is another thing, why this „slow-internet-connection“-argument is bs.

This would mean that the operating system is so poorly built that dropouts on the internet affect the entire playback engine.

That should never happen. There is a new thing called multi threading… That a operating system of a media device has such problems is actually … alarming? (Don’t find the right word).