Audio files crashing the system

Hi,

I’m new to owning a Prime 2 and have found a few files that totally crash the system when loaded. There doesn’t seem to be any reason for this, they are .aiff and .mp3 and are legit files bought from bandcamp.

Has anyone got any pointers for this?

Hi, That might help you, but shouldn’t crush the system!

https://community.enginedj.com/t/engine-dj-refusing-to-see-one-specific-music-file/36692/2?u=lukas-we

I also had the problem with some tracks.

There is software like 3vise that can check the MP-3 tracks.

After that, the problem was resolved for me.

I don’t think the file name is the issue, I have other files with Japanese characters in the name that are fine.

I made a quick video of what happens. Excuse the shakes and the fact that I couldn’t see through the phone to check where my finger was :grinning:

Thanks for the tip. Sadly, I’m Windows only here.

Try Mp3tag software

Check the below post for Windows and Mac mp3 repair tools. They worked for me when my Traktor crashed during a gig. I then ran my whole collection through then and they found a few problem files.

Make a copy of the faulty tracks before you fix them. Then once you have identified the problems in the tracks upload the copy from. BEFORE you fixed the track to Denon DJ, so they can look at the track data and find out why they failed and implement a bug fix so it doesn’t kill a track on a festival stage or a wedding first dance.

Thanks for the reply. I scanned with mp3Val last night and it didn’t find any issues. I have sent a WeTransfer to Denon, thanks for the link.

1 Like

Ahhh. Hopefully the devs can reproduce any issues with the file.

Hi @Pigpen

We are currently investigating this issue, in order to fully reproduce it we will need a copy of the Database2 folder.

If you could send that via a WeTransfer link to my messages that would be excellent.

Many thanks.

1 Like

Thank you, this is done; FAO TJohnson

PP

Great, thanks for that.

If you could also send the ‘Engine Library’ folder as a whole that would be very useful.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Hi,

This is done with the title “Engine Library FAO TJohnson”. I had to RAR the library as there were too many files for WeTransfer, apologies.

PP

Hi Pigpen,

Great find on the crash.

I can confirm that Cadee - Besta - Jackwasfaster remix crashes the unit

Can you list any other song that causes the system to crash? It will help us narrow down the criteria.

Thanks again.

I have uploaded 1 more track that crashes the system. I will add more as they happen but, as you have seen, it happens really fast and I don’t always remember which track was loaded.

The upload is again marked FAO TJohnson.

Excellent,

thank you

It was suggested here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DenonPrime/comments/qj2bl4/an_unrequested_review_of_the_prime_2/hl35e39/ That Rekordbox might be the issue. I re-downloded the tune and it loads fine in it’s ‘clean’ state. I have sent it to you again via WeTransfer, hopefully you can pin something down.

PP

Okay great thanks for the info.

So the problematic tunes were ran through rekordbox? If you could tell me more about your workflow that would be a big help.

1. What version of Rekordbox did you use?
  2. Did you make any changes to the ID tags or beatgrids in Rekordbox?
  3. What version of Engine Prime did you prepare your library with?
  4. Did you export your Rekordbox library as an xml first? or did you scan them directly into Engine?
  5. What version of Engine OS were you running on your Prime 2?

Thanks again, T.

Answers inline

1. What version of Rekordbox did you use?

6.5.3, Windows

1. Did you make any changes to the ID tags or beatgrids in Rekordbox?

ID tags will have been changed to get the BPM and also possibly the Key, depending on whether it was put through Mixed In Key previously. Beatgrids will not have been edited.

1. What version of Engine Prime did you prepare your library with?

1. Did you export your Rekordbox library as an xml first? or did you scan them directly into Engine?

The RB playlists were exported as XML

1. What version of Engine OS were you running on your Prime 2?

2.0.1 and 2.0.2

I had the same problem at the beginning.

Unfortunately there is no way to find the tracks that are causing this beforehand.

It only happens when the tracks are loaded - it is best to note them down.

I then checked these tracks with MP3 repair - no errors!

In the end I got the tracks again and everything was OK

But when something like that happens live, it’s a disaster.