ASIO Driver Bluescreen with Traktor

Hi,

I’ve had my MC6000 for over 2 years now and never had any issues. Now after some Windows update the drivers are not working correctly anymore. From what I’ve read online this happens to anyone on any platform. Bluescreen says “DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL” randomly, sometimes it happens after 10-20 minutes, sometimes it goes fine for 8h. Tried anything from reinstalling drivers, all up to date ofc, tried different audio modes but nothing has changed and I couldn’t figure out a cause.

Are there going to be updated drivers or do you now any fixes?

I’ve only just acquired my MC6000Mk2 and exactly the same error happened to me about 20 mins into my set yesterday.

I quickly swapped to my ipod plugged into ch3 to fill the dead air while the laptop rebooted. There is an error log and dumpfile created by the event if any genius here wants to take a look at.

I’m hoping someone can shed some light why what I think is the ASIO driver randomly crashing

Try use the unit in WASAPI mode instead.

I called DENON and they said I should not use the provided driver from the website. Instead I should use the ASIO4ALL Driver which supports the MC600MK2’s soundcard.

After I switched drivers I didn’t encounter any more problems.

Seems strange. Why should Denon say their driver is not to use? ASIO4ALL is just a wrapper using windows sound, but appears to look as ASIO. You shouldn’t need the ASIO4ALL, rather select WASAPI directly.