Any plans to improve the sound quality?

Your Open deck description reminded me of a situation, I had with one of the “PRO” Dj’s.

I was running Denon X1600 with Traktor with wave files not mp3’s, and there was a guy (the pro dj) with his DJM600 and 2 CDJ’s 850 and Beats by Dre headphones… I wanted to use my mixer as a main mixer for that gig to get the best possible quality, He said to me, that he knows all about sound quality… So I need to shut up, and connect politely my mixer in to one of his channels on the djm600…

Well, a bit of offtopic, but also a funny retrospection, as the guy was redlining that old setup and having total overdrive in the bass boosted beats, I was just watching him laughing :smiley: LOL

There are one or two in this forums who insist the same, too often.

The old Denon digital mixers are sweet sounding, but I won’t judge :stuck_out_tongue: I mean, I’ve had people come in with a DJM900NXS2 we put in instead of the house DJM800 who later wanted to pull theirs out halfway through the night when they got smashed off their booty and wanted to go home. I’m hesitant to put someone else’s mixer in as the centerpiece unless it’s really state of the art and I know them personally or they’re the promoter/headliner dude I know will be there the whole time.

As for redlining a DJM-600, I assume you mean he was completely lighting up his meter LEDs, because some of the old Pioneer analog mixers’ meters are all red past 0dBVu. None of these boards actually clip until the top LED or higher. Some old Numarks you couldn’t clip until the meters were so crushed they stopped bouncing. Not saying you didn’t experience a bad sound guy, though. Oh my goodness have I experienced some weird situations with people running the sound at DJ events. No shortage of variety.

Redlining I meant in a way that the meters were totally static. And djm600 has couple of orange leds above zero dB.

Yeah, that’s bad.

Saw this post online

Thought I’d share it here

5 Likes

Warning mate Reticuli’s coming ahaha!

Can’t wait to know if the SC6000 have audio problems like the roll off &

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t shoot the messenger Ret

It came up in my feed lol

I really hope you can test the SC6000 when it’s out

Probably not different processing yet, but possible. These are at the very least firmware issues having to do with poor real-time sample rate conversion (or having any at all on the players) and the presence of limiting when changing speed or key. There might be other firmware audio processing issues, too, but that’s hard to say. For sure the SRC and limiting is not something Pioneer players do, and you can get similar nonlinear distortion harmonics and high IMD in something like Traktor if you force the program and your audio interface to run at a sampling frequency other than the tracks you’re playing and don’t use any headroom. It’s possible InMusic already implemented these firmware changes (and others) on the new 6000 prototypes’ firmware that they will port over to the earlier models (including the SC5000M that is only 14 months old and being inexplicably discontinued apparently), but that would basically be no different to arbitrarily coming out with the new key change or Tidal wifi on the Prime 4 a few months before doing so on the 5000s, or something. Not saying they don’t do weird, arbitrary stuff sometimes :slight_smile:

P.S. I assume Andrew DeLessio works for InMusic or is sponsored by them. Shorty’s post is slightly confusing when referencing him.