Another Workflow Question

It does when you put it like that… thanks loads. have wiped my EP collection and having a play right now. Thanks!

yeah recordbox seems to do a better job of the bpm all round. its a pity to have to involve it but there you are… adding stars here for energy levels but it looks like cues dont carry over to ep.(which I thought they did) either way you have helped me sort my sh*t out @mufasa thanks

Did you do the rekordbox transfer through EP?

in recordbox file–>export xml

then pulled that into EP as per the video tut

Try with a track that has never been added to EP.

Add a new track to Rekordbox, place cues and loops, analyse etc

Now Import that to EP as you did prior

See if it makes a difference

Yep exactly what I am doing. wiped EP collection completely first. clean slate i thought, unless there is some EP stuff written to the file somehow (although its just the xml (recordbox) or the db(engine) that gets written to and not the id3 as i first thought earlier?)

Did you delete the EP databases

My Music > Engine

1 Like

nice! that did it. Just going to use EP for packing only now. (sorry Denon)

1 Like

Great stuff.

I think somewhere along the updates, they altered how EP reads from other databases

It previously will add new changes to a previously added track

Eg say you imported track A from rekordbox with only one cue point, but you added extra cues in rekordbox and you reimported that same track to EP, it will reflect the changes. (Previous EP behavior but it was slow to import)

It may have something to do with optimization of the speed of refresh. EP is much faster now but we lose that function described.

Now it’s almost a one way thing ie once the track is part of EP collection further changes in another software will not be reflected except to remove from collection and also use the “run cleanup” (or completely delete EP DB)

2 Likes

Memory cues or hot cues? Hot cues should transfer over, memory ones shouldn’t.

Hot Cues - they are coming in now, once I wiped the prime db and started again

1 Like

This is awesome I feel more confident about the whole workflow now. too many weird BPMs and corrupt tracks which stopped dead after 10 secs before. just getting my head round the crates bit now.

coz recordbox doesn’t use crates I was going to just make sure the genre tag for each track is correct in recordbox and create the crates in EP from them…