Announcing The LC6000 PRIME Performance Expansion Controller!

The most useless gear of history. proofessional DJs are laughing.

I wouldn’t say it’s useless. I think rather than focusing on it being secondary layer control for the SC5/6Ks, they should emphasize it’s ability to be a control surface for DJ software (Serato, DJ Pro, VirtualDJ) whilst using a professional mixer. Sure, you can get a Pro’ish controller for around the same price, but we all know even the most pro controller has crap sound quality. But, where they totally dropped the ball, yet again, is in pricing. This thing should have been no more than $500, and with it’s limited capability, probably even $100+ less. If they would have priced it at $400 ($800/pair) to be coupled with a pro level mixer like the Rane 72, that makes for one helluva’ DJ controller.

I’m super disappointed. I regularly use the 2nd layer on one of my SC6Ks for a 3-deck setup. I was sooooo looking forward to having independent physical control over that 3rd deck. But, I just can’t bring myself to pay $630 (best offer) for something with such a limited and specific use case.

Damn, Denon, didn’t you learn anything from the SC5000 pricing debacle?!?

They learned a lot of lessons from pioneer. :rofl:

I think it should be $749cad. But how low do you go before everything else in the line up gets devalued.

Is it priced to make one consider spending extra to get the 5/6000 ?

€700 vs €1500

I am struggling to appreciate the €700 valuation - could it be licence fees for the 3rd party softwares?

For a device of this form and feature set, my budget is €250/300 each and €500 a pair.

1 Like

I get the price comments, but given above, adding a screen+audio+usb+sd would be valued at €1200 ??

It’s a one of the kind product, just like the PrimeGo.

It does not compete directly with any current device from Denon or InMusic as a whole.

If it’s less costly - Perhaps existing customers (owners of 5/6000 set up) may even consider adding them in addition to the new customers

It does look like a brilliant kit

I would love to see integration with prime 4

1 Like

Maybe I should just buy a 3rd SC6K. Seems wasteful though knowing that the LC6K is out there, and I have been getting along fine using the dual layers…even more so now that they layers are stacked. Ughh, maybe I should remain even more patient and just wait for someone to sell theirs used. Yeah, that’s what I should do. Then I will probably be able to pay that $400-$500 range that I am comfortable with.

That’s not how i see it, the possibilities of the 5/6000 OS is near endless.

That alone makes them worth 1500 or more each.

I subjectively value Engine OS - streaming, Dropbox, Rekordbox support. Just like how I value MacOS and iOS.

It’s (lc6000) sitting in a price bracket that will have an effect on likely future products eg a SC 3/4000

1 Like

Price will probably drop, but LC6000 customers indirectly pay for the software support as well.

What do you think about the pricing of Apple accessories? :smirk:

Hopefully it extends to Traktor. It’s funny Traktor was in the top 3 when announcements like these happen. Now it’s a footnote in fine print at the bottom of the LC6000 page.

Did You see this picture on a product page?

If by that you mean that perhaps it will be compatible with Prime 4, this figure does not prove anything. The meaning of this image is that you can connect any MIDI console to your VDJ or Serato software and attach two LC6000s to your PC to control players 3 and 4, while players 1 and 2 are controlled by the MIDI console.

And if you think about it this solution is a bit useless because if you buy two LC6000s and a MIDI console, in the end the total cost is higher than a single Prime 4 which does much more than a simple MIDI console. :smiley:

3 Likes

Indeed, this is more a Pioneer DDJ-1000SRT like Phil DDJT showed in his video. :wink:

It’s supposed to be a ddj1000 without looking like one.

If you look at some of the review videos you’ll see it.

I forgot about the Serato tax

1 Like

It’s now on top algoriddim’s hardware page with official support. That’s gotta be worth something too.

Denon did a good job to rally software makers to get on board.

3 Likes

I hope this “friendship” between Denon and Algoriddim can bring STEMs to the Prime series! :heart_eyes: :crazy_face: :star_struck:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Was watching this mix crossfader put out with the LC6000’s alongside a DDJ-1000SRT. Couldn’t help but notice the missed opportunity for Denon to put more info in the center jog screen. Even just a BPM readout would be useful.