Announcing SC5000M & Serato DJ Pro Official Accessory Compatibility!

There is a difference in what I see in my serato + sc5000m combo.

I don’t have that same thing happening ie movement of the red bar that shows DVS signal strength usually.

There is no movement on my set up

I’m using a DJM S9, not sure if this has anything to do with it.

So. I have an sc5000m usb to usb on the second sc5000m. Usb from sc5000m to computer. I have a usb from x1800 to computer

The controllers see serato.

I load a track - everything looks right.

Press play on the deck and nothing.

Is there a video that shows step by step how to set this up?

1. Have you got stand-alone serato licence?

2. Switch the Serato virtual decks to INT mode

3. Switch to USB or DVS on mixer. Not sure which is it.

I am unsure if you mean the full Serato Pro DJ License - but yes.

Switching to INT did make a change. Now, if i hold the play button down, the track plays, when i let go, it stops.

I think I messed something up in the settings. Is there a way to reset serato pro to default? Im running on macos.

That was set, but good to note.

Thank you very much!

Try this

Or

You can also delete any midi profile in serato settings

1 Like

Got the akai amx for $115 cad incld. extended warranty.

Dowloaded Serato plugged the amx and sc5000M and it all works. NICE!

First time having serato on my computer.

Quick one.

To connect the X1800 to Serato should one choose DVS or USB?

Using with a pair of SC5000M.

I Noticed there was no drift using USB vs using DVS option on the mixer

Denon DJ X1800 Prime QSG.pdf (642.8 KB)

Dvs mode if you’re using timecode but both dvs and usb can playback.

Is it that you’re wondering if someone would need the dvs/club kit to get hid?

No I have the club kit already.

I have been using the DVS option on the X1800 since release but for some reason I tried the USB today and it worked as well. Interesting the drift issue I reported is not present when using USB option with Serato.

I didn’t have much time to test as I was packing up the players for a gig tonight.

I will confirm anyways when I kick off at 10pm

Hi.

I don’t understand how both companies, Serato and Denon, talk about this device, Denon SC5000M, as an official Serato accessory.

That Serato DJ pro cannot send the basic information to the SC5000M’s display and the waveforms can be displayed, both individually and stacked, on its large 7 ‘’ screen, as well as other information from the Serato software itself necessary for DJs, leaves the native support incomplete.It’s just another motorized controller.

If the limitation is in the proprietary software of Denon: Engine, both companies would have to work together to provide each other with the information and libraries necessary to fully implement native and official support to the Denon SC5000M. Being able to use the screen of this device as a mini mirror of what reflects the computer screen and the potential of Serato DJ pro, would be very useful for DJs without having to lift their heads.

A greeting.

This is a shame.

That Native Instruments Traktor has already managed to support the Pioneer XDJ-1000mk2, being able to draw the same waveform that appears on the software deck, on the 7 ‘’ screen of the XDJ-1000 MK2, and that Serato “calls” Denon SC5000M “official accessory”, being only another motorized jog, without using the screen more than for the library.

It seems on the Traktor forums the users are more interested in having good tight performing jogwheels. It looks like it will be a good update and I hope maybe to see a denon and Traktor collaboration too.

Although the serato accessorizing didn’t do much with the screen you could still do more things with the 5000m and serato than you could with the xdj1000 and Traktor.

Not only would it be very useful; it was announced to work like this - just as the SC5000. I returned both players and made the dealer refund my money after not finding some workaround.

It took Native Instruments more than 3 years to finally support the XDJ 1000 MK2, so I have still a little hope they will support Denon SC5000 eventually …

Could you elaborate?

Can you tell where you saw NI support for the XDJ 1000 mk2? :thinking:

Are NI traktor working with anyone anymore ?

I though they were downsizing their staff, and just doing their own brand of hardware accessories

Ni will be supporting the xdi 1000mk2 and the xdj700 coming the next update. They made this known already and produced a video to show it working.

Are you sure you didn’t dream about that? :grinning: :grinning: Nothing in the forum, no official videos. It’s very strange, because this was for a long time a game between Pioneer and NI. Can you mostRar where it is?

Above the video posted by jatoro there is a link to the thread where ni said it was coming. :wink: That video was produced by Ni btw. My dream is traktor support for the primes