Announcing PRIME 4 & Serato DJ Pro Official Compatibility!

Soooooooooo. Opinions?! Working smoothly for everyone?! I won’t be able to try it out for a few more hours!

Prime 4 will work with Serato even if you use 1.4 Beta. No problems. You have the Tidal integration as well.

Yeeeeeeeeah??? Confirmed?!

So excited to get home from work and try this out! Denon really are ramping up the updates/feature releases…its amazing! On a video I watched it says it bypasses the mixer? Or was I just not listening properly?

Also… record function? Does this work through serato also?

That is one of those facepalm moments…

Yes thank you

its saying hardware not conected ive updated to version 1.3.3 on the p4 ive done windows driver and firmware update im stuck please help

Yes that’s correct, it uses the Serato mixer and FX

Have you updated Serato to 2.3.1?

Had a good play with it and it looks great, liking the additonal eco-system option.

I use a lot of nested crates on Serato, but can’t seem to find a way to expand the list to show the sub crates via the controller or via the touch screen, any ideas?

1 Like

Ok played on it last night for a few hours WITH the Beta firmware on Prime 4 and everything was smooooooth as silk!!! Beautiful work guys!!! Love it!!!

1 Like

Congrats to DenonDJ and Serato for this. It has been one of the most anticipated features since it was announced way back. Haven’t got the time to try it yet, but intend to do so over the weekend. It’s very reassuring to finally see it come to fruition so we can have a workaround while we wait for an EP rework, that fixes the BPM analysis, beat grid issues and introduces the missing basic features people have been asking over the last year and a half.

3 Likes

All of your positive feedback is appreciated, we are glad you are all enjoying the experience!

3 Likes

Getting constant bleed through headphones when using serato :thinking: I think it’s a setting issue but has anyone else had this?

Also with the new Serato feature, you can enable Tidal/Soundcloud in the Serato settings. So it is basically the 1.4 version and you can record through the Serato interface.

So with that enabled, when you search it searches also Tidal/Soundcloud and streams it.

I like the Prime4/Serato update- however my laptop and Prime4 now locks up and freezes. And when I eject the Prime4 it has a difficult time recognizing the internal Prime4 harddrive. I have to reboot the Prime4 several times to get it to work. I may have to go back to the Beta wifi version- that one was working great.

HUUUUUGE Props to DenonDJ & SeratoDJ for making all of this happen!! Apart from another dj taking over I can’t quite understand why one would want to switch between Serato & Standalone though.

3 Likes

So…just had a good two hours on the serato enabled Prime 4 and here is my short review…

Installation was easy, no problems. Connecting to serato was quick, said a minute but probably took all of 20 seconds.

Took some time to get used to controlling things and still was unable to figure out sampling (im sure thats available?) It does exactly what it says on the tin really, however it is a bit strange getting used to not pressing view everytime your changing track, and controlling the laptop with the controller will probably take some getting used too.

I did have an issue with bleed in the headphones from the master, tried everything on the P4 but noticed some settings within serato which i was unable to change until im not connected to the P4, such as headphone settings. The new buffer size control is simple and easy to use as well its the first time ive seen it, not sure if its new in the update.

I dont really like the EQ settings within the P4 and it was nice to be able to not worry about that whilst playing. I recorded a set as well of about an hour, very smooth, only had some hardware issues at the beginning as i was still getting everything perfect.

Recording level is also controlled within serato and the recording saves to the laptop as would happen when using serato without the P4.

One thing i didnt try was switching between hardrive and serato, sorry.

I did kind of miss the P4’s mixer effects but it was good to have a bagful of effects i previously used, the nostalgia will probably wear off though.

No artwork on the P4 and in order to get into subcrates you have to use the laptop, couldnt work out another way to do it. Beatgrid editing is easy to use but wasnt really playing around with it much. Serato really has that side of things down so didnt feel it was necessary.

Short review turned into a long review…my bad! Great update, keep up the excellent work!

2 Likes

Man oh man. So many reasons!!! Pitch/tone play is the biggest for me. Also beat jump is much smoother. And I get my lovely Serato FX back!

Also having all my BPM stuff right and ready to go.

I’m happy to have stand-alone mode as my backup but I feel at home with Serato. This was big for me!!

2 Likes

same here DJscottyb. Stand alone for me is only to be used when I need backup…simply because of the way EP processes the BPM, grids, etc.

Incredible update.

Thanks ScottyDee for the short review. That answered a lot of questions.

2 Likes