- What is the feature or ability you would like to have?
Right now the SC5000M will ignore all manipulation of the disk until rotation velocity reaches zero after hitting Cue, and the platter does not stop physically instantaneously on its own.
After hitting Cue to stop, have it instead just ignore scratching and movement of platter until rotation velocity begins increasing again rather than waiting until rotation drops to zero.
- How will this feature help you and others?
Saves time and removes necessity for the DJ to know about this quirk and how to mitigate it. Platter rotation velocity should never get faster on its own after hitting Cue to go back to it and stop, anyway.
- Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?
- Does a workaround currently exist?
After hitting Cue, right now you either have to wait for the platter to stop wobbling on its own or you have to manually stop the platter edge with your hand before it will let you manipulate the track again with the disk.
- How often would you use this feature?
I don’t want this optional, rather to be the new mode of operation.
- Is there any additional information you’d like to add?