- 4TB external SSD
- Thunderbolt 2/3 connection
- Macbook Pro 2017 (500gb internal SSD)
I just converted my external ssd to AFPS. I was having issues with exFAT. eg accidental disconnect leading to slow mounting next time on my mac. The SSD was HFS before Engine Prime and i had converted to exFAT for compatibility reasons.
This drive is not intended for use with any Denon DJ Prime gear nor Pioneer DJ CDJs. I have a smaller SSD for that purpose.
- Engine prime reads it normally and Serato DJ is good to go as well.
- It’s quicker to load and do the usual library refresh.
- Think there is less file checking in Engine Prime as well…you know when you click on a different collection crate and its checking files like a maniac
With my own workflow i did not see any benefit of sticking with exFAT as i use Macs exclusively for djing.