Add audio files to ssd internal with usb key

Hello, it will be interesting to have the possibility of duplicating one or more music from a usb key or from an external disk or from a sd card that a person would make available to us to our internal ssd disk either on the Prime 4, P2, PGo, SC6000 / M. The idea would be really good, especially if one or more music would come to please us in the peripheral of this third person. It will be necessary to have a “duplication” function towards the destination of the peripheral of our choice. After that, it may not be allowed because of sacem’s rights! But it could be good too, if you have two Prime products and you don’t have a computer available to add files or music from one product to another. Example: I go with my Prime 4 and my Prime Go to friends in the mountains and during my stay, a ski resort offers me to come and mix from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., and there I realize that the Prime Go will be more than enough for me. and in addition the person of the station tells me that the place to install dj equipment is limited 70cm in length and 40cm in width! I realize that the music I need to play is only in the internal SSD of my P4. Example: 1 lounge folder and a house folder, I will have taken either the usb key or the SD card dedicated to Prime Go that I will have inserted on the P4 and then I will have made a copy of the files that will have me interested who are on the P4 to the Prime Go peripheral, then I will have put the peripheral on the Prime Go and voila I can perform my small event with my Prime Go and without needing a laptop PC or Macbook.

There are a lot of requests to be able to move or copy tracks and database data between two media inserted in the PRIME series consoles. Unfortunately they have been frozen for years and no one says anything and none of these requests have so far been satisfied for various more or less acceptable reasons.

SOLUTION: pack a small notebook with Engine Prime in the suitcase.

Or… if you can only get your prime / prime drive within Usb lead range of your computer once a year, then have your new music purchases for the year stored on a usb Pendrive and only add them to your main prime drive when you do get the two items close together.

The idea is not at all to make a total copy of the directories and the music, but simply of a selection "if we forget the laptop or simply by choosing not to take one or by what 'we have a PC therefore less practical to transport, especially if we are in a place temporarily. Another example: a DJ Guest comes with his external hard drive or his USB key and this one has excluded files and he suggests that you leave a copy for example 5/6 tracks or an album or other possibility a DJ who lets you know a particular style and that we like it or by making us know an artist, it might be useful to have a copy.

I’m perfectly agree with you. However (as I wrote you) there are many requests about it, but DENON DJ hasn’t listened to them so far.

Search the requests and put your vote ( :heart:), maybe one day someone will implement them. Maybe… :wink: :wink:

The piracy debate has been mentioned before during the discussions about copying tracks to and from drive to drive without an offline session running with Engine Prime