Ability to work with Traktor as a midi controller

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have? Ability to work with Traktor as a midi controller. Midi mapping etc

• How will this feature help you and others? Traktor is a very rich and creative DJ tool with STEMs, remix decks, multiFX layering, perfect MiK integration. This feature would help Prime 4 to be the best standalone + midi controller combination to chose the most appropriate setup for each gig.

• Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product? Not at this level.

• Does a workaround currently exist? Nop

• How often would you use this feature? Never… joking. Each time live mashups or creativity is needed, not just mixing.

• Is there any additional information you’d like to add?

7 Likes

I suspect denon has picked its partner in the shape of serato. I cant imagine serato would be happy if denon jumped into bed with the only other pro/semi-pro DJ software too.

Besides looking at denons product releases of the last few years, they’re looking fairly and squarely at the standalone marketplace.

The other aspect to consider is also that whilst serato seems to be still in the game, there have been louder and louder noises that Native Instruments are backing out of doing anything new.

But, who knows, there could well be some previously top secret announcement tomorrow offering full HID traktor support. I doubt it, but who knows :man_shrugging:

Thanks. As Denon is investing millions of pounds to improve his weak Engine, so Native is announcing to create a major jump integrating in his ecosystem of solutions, music production tools (that I use and most Pro Producers not like me :wink: use), DJing and cloud ( they bought Metapop and Sound.com) . The announced major investment and focus, also cuts of course, so I would not consider they are going out the game. They just released a new Traktor controller and their Traktor software is the most powerful one in terms of creativity on the fly. I mean, perhaps others are more focused in the 20th century way with mixing and light control. Traktor + Denon hardware will offer much more creativity allowing to also interact with Maschine Jam and other FX, STEM etc devices. Not just mixing in the 21st century ;D. Why not allowing Serato AND Traktor to fight Pioneer. Thanks mate.

If someone is in South Netherlands with a Prime 4, I can use for building a midi mapping for Traktor, please let me know. I will be happy to help, but need a Prime 4 physically to assign and test all the options.

Kerkrade is iets te ver voor mij. :sunglasses:

Geen probleem, uiteindelijk komt er iemand opdagen.

That would be great! Is it possible without Denon support? I have midi mapped a bunch of functions of a Numark mixer with Traktor but to map a whole mixer … I don’t know if I’m capable. Let’s hope this post reaches the community. Thanks

1 Like